Are the Going Going Gone Sale prices only for guarantee staterooms?

talia-co

Background if it matters:

I'm referring to the current Going Going Gone sale (GGS) for April 17 (Crown and Anchor access only) ,  April 18th and 19th all customers.

I'm Diamond Plus and I called the Diamond Plus customer help number.

I called yesterday to get the Crown and Anchor price for a stateroom that is listed for the current GGS. The representative said he couldn't get the price but a supervisor would let him grab the stateroom I wanted and make a reservation allowing for me to call in today and have the  GGS price applied.  This morning I called and the new representative told me that the GGS price was only for guarantee staterooms.  I didn't argue. I paid the total non GGS price.  I'm wondering why the first representative told me that I would get the GGS price on my specific stateroom if GGS prices are only for the guarantee stateroom category.  Was I incorrect in thinking the price listed for the stateroom was for all staterooms in that category? 

5 minutes ago, talia-co said:

I'm wondering why the first representative told me that I would get the GGS price on my specific stateroom if GGS prices are only for the guarantee stateroom category.

Because they are often wrong. Unfortunately the new format of the flier eliminated the category details next to the price so it’s hard to tell. 

2 hours ago, talia-co said:

I didn't think of this as we've never booked a GGG sale stateroom.

The flier usually comes out on Friday morning for the following week. Sometimes , the sale pricing (or even better) is available on the weekend before the GGG sale starts and as reported, they may not honor the items on flier (sold out).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1