Luggage & late JFK flight

Ombud

I only travel with 1 carryon. Stating that upfront so the rest of my question makes sense. My JFK-SFO flight is at 5:45. If in SF, I'd bart to SFO - drop luggage with airline - bart off for the day. I'm looking for a similar option with JFK. Otherwise I'm stuck with Kennedy (JFK) Airport Transfer With Manhattan Highlights tour & most of that doesn't interest me .... but I have luggage

20 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My JFK-SFO flight is at 5:45. If in SF, I'd bart to SFO - drop luggage with airline - bart off for the day. I'm looking for a similar option with JFK. Otherwise I'm stuck with Kennedy (JFK) Airport Transfer With Manhattan Highlights tour & most of that doesn't interest me .... but I have luggage

What are you looking to do for the day? One carry on is not going to be a huge deal-- most nicer hotels in Manhattan will check that for you if you come in for breakfast or lunch. Very easy to just walk around and come back when you want to get your bag. 

Going out to JFK to drop bags only to come back would be a colossal waste of time. Other option if you want to just hang out would be to head over to the new TWA Hotel at JFK. Options to eat and drink and they have a rooftop pool/bar area. 

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I want to go to 911 Memorial and either Battery Park or Central Park. So I would take the ferry to Wall Street?

What port are you going to be at? Bayonne, Manhattan, or Brooklyn? Assuming either Bayonne or Brooklyn from the ferry comment. 

9/11 and Battery Park lend themselves to be seen together. If you want to see Central Park and Midtown you would be pressed on time to see all three. I would just decide between 9/11 Museum and the Battery or Central Park and midtown Manhattan (which has a ton of major sights to see as well). 

911 is a must. Like many others, I have a family connection (missed connection) to it. DBil was downsized from his position in WTC7 in September 2001 -- just a few days earlier.  Sis was trying to absorb they're being unemployed when the towers went down. He had survivors guilt for a long long time

Edited by Ombud