Tuxedo Rental Company Bankrupt

Splashduo

Just a heads up to my fellow cruisers.  Prior to our recent Panama Canal cruise on HAL, I contacted Cruiseline Formalwear to rent a tuxedo and shoes for my husband.  Always before, the tux would be waiting for us when we got to our cabin, but this time it was not.  They had confirmed my order when I placed and and verified his measurements by email, plus the rental fee of $160 had been paid by my credit card company.  I waited to see if the tux would arrive later in the evening, but it did not, so I went to customer service on the ship and they informed me that the company had gone into bankruptcy.  I have disputed the charge with my credit card and they've reimbursed me, but I thought I'd give notice to all of you in case you, like me, have reserved a tux way in advance.  We were fortunate that somehow HAL was able to loan us a tux or my husband would have been sorely under-dressed when I was in my fancy duds on gala night!  All's well that ends well, but be aware so you don't have the hassle we've had.  Happy cruising!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

things are changing...👍

I was on the Regal February 2 cruise.  While waiting at the PAX Services Desk for another reason, I saw a notice on the large monitor behind the desk stating that you can rent a tuxedo at the PAX Services Desk.  I asked if that was really the case and I was told that yes, they now have tux rentals (including shoes) at the PAX Services Desk.  I asked if you would be able to book this through the Personalizer and was told 'no' only once you are on board and at the PAX Services Desk.  I was also told this is fleet wide now.

That said, knowing how things differ from ship to ship and person to person with Princess.  Don't shoot the messenger if your experience turns out differently. :classic_dry:  

Edited by c-boy

On 2/19/2020 at 4:54 PM, Splashduo said:

Just a heads up to my fellow cruisers.  Prior to our recent Panama Canal cruise on HAL, I contacted Cruiseline Formalwear to rent a tuxedo and shoes for my husband.  Always before, the tux would be waiting for us when we got to our cabin, but this time it was not.  They had confirmed my order when I placed and and verified his measurements by email, plus the rental fee of $160 had been paid by my credit card company.  I waited to see if the tux would arrive later in the evening, but it did not, so I went to customer service on the ship and they informed me that the company had gone into bankruptcy.  I have disputed the charge with my credit card and they've reimbursed me, but I thought I'd give notice to all of you in case you, like me, have reserved a tux way in advance.  We were fortunate that somehow HAL was able to loan us a tux or my husband would have been sorely under-dressed when I was in my fancy duds on gala night!  All's well that ends well, but be aware so you don't have the hassle we've had.  Happy cruising!

Maybe you should post this on the HAL board too.  Some of the HAL's cruises might not view this board.

17 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Maybe you should post this on the HAL board too.  Some of the HAL's cruises might not view this board.

Actually, this rental agency rents for many lines, so that's why I had put it on cruise critic first.  Thanks for reminding me---I know HAL took it off their "frequently asked questions" as a link to folks asking about formal rentals.  And I'm sure that's why they were so quick to help us---they hadn't remembered to delete it when they got notice of the bankruptcy.

• Like 1