Picking the right agency

Balto Bob

A professional travel agent would be your best source of information. Explain to that Agent what is important to you allow with your financial realities, and allow them the opportunity to advise you on more detailed specific agendas. Utilize your Travel professionals. Good ones come with far more industry knowledge and often times direct personal knowledge than any of the posters here.

On an Internet agency we have found the information really varies agent by agent.

Found a wonderful agent who unfortunately retired and our next experience was SO bad we will have to try at least one more to equal what we had. Discounts really vary especially when you price the upper suites.

Edited by orchestrapal

15 hours ago, Balto Bob said:

Is there any way other than hours/days on line to find what company will give you the best overage financial result when picking a specific cruise and room?

No......it takes time interviewing and it takes time demonstrating your loyalty once you select an agent. Tell them what your annual travel budget is and that is selected you intend to stick with him.    

You need to first form a mutual bond.    Demonstrate that your a  person who is valuable to retain.   Dont be a bargain shopper  jumping from agent to agent...

18 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

No......it takes time interviewing and it takes time demonstrating your loyalty once you select an agent. Tell them what your annual travel budget is and that is selected you intend to stick with him.    

You need to first form a mutual bond.    Demonstrate that your a  person who is valuable to retain.   Dont be a bargain shopper  jumping from agent to agent...

18 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Plus 1

Jancruz1

First, we don’t utilize an “internet “ agency. I wouldn’t limit my search to only those businesses.

Since this is a cruise board, and we’re assuming the OP is wanting to cruise, I’d recommend finding an Agent that actually cruises and has firsthand knowledge of the industry. Mine, for example , not only cruises on various lines, but also puts together groups of travelers and leads those various groups on cruises on different lines. She did Oceania to the Med last year, Princess to Alaska the year before, and is currently putting together a different Med itinerary on O for the coming year. She has sailed AZ , Crystal, Regent, and others. She understands the lines and their idiosyncratic natures. As an example, even though we have used our TA for 25 years, when we were doing a lot of skin diving, we used an Agency that specialized in that sport and likewise totally knew and understood that industry. You don’t go to an orthopedic surgeon to have a tooth removed or your eyes checked! 

The last thing I’d want is some assigned 30 something, working out of his/her house, in Omaha that’s never been on a cruise ship. Someone Assigned to me by an Agency I’d pick because they gave me the best cut rate deal ! 

• Like 1