Onboard the bliss- any questions?

g683002

1 hour ago, PortFees45 said:

Is there any noticeable change in passenger demographics with the new passport and travel restrictions? 

Not really. I was impressed at the port that they reviewed every page of my passport to see if I had been to China. 

4 hours ago, tomservo said:

It’s not critical but if you could grab some some pics of American Diner (formerly Margaritaville?) seating area and menu, and the current Food Republic menu, it would be much appreciated!

It was still Margaritaville when we were on last week.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hallux said:

Would you believe it's actually labeled "Library & Card room" on the deck plan?

I know, right???? When we were on last week, every table was full of people playing cards. I felt bad for people who were in there trying to read. 

6 hours ago, tomservo said:

It’s not critical but if you could grab some some pics of American Diner (formerly Margaritaville?) seating area and menu, and the current Food Republic menu, it would be much appreciated!

It’s still Margaritaville onboard. They did, however, change out the signage on the Margaritaville store on deck 8 this week. 

Food republic menu is on their iPad system. I recall that it showed through the app if you have a cruise booked. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, g683002 said:

Hopefully the photos come thru, WiFi is spotty. 

For the go karts, they were running yesterday in Nassau so yes to port. This was a bad week for the karts, though. Between the 4900 passengers and the weather today, I haven’t been able to race. 

D8024D3D-1B0B-4A46-86AB-6C535456533E.jpeg

0FC119A1-476B-4CD4-94DF-5B515B54CF91.jpeg

That beer list is amazing.  NCL are so far ahead of all the other cruise lines when it comes to beer.  This makes me happy!

7 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Did you happen to notice if there were any games in the card room like Maj J.  jong or scrabble?

They had scrabble and at least one monopoly. Checkers too. Not sure if any were full sets. 

6 hours ago, tokidoki said:

Hi! Hope u had a wonderful cruise, did I happen to c the production shows? Six and Jersey Boys? Thx

Both shows were great. The productions were first rate and performers played their roles very well. 

Jersey Boys sounded just like the Four Seasons and especially Frankie Valli. A little shorter than the broadway version- my MIL said it was a good edited version that included all the main parts. 

Six was great too. Cool story and impressive singing. Lots of references to recent pop culture too. 

6 hours ago, tomservo said:

Thanks for the info, I thought another thread around here said they converted it to American Diner already. 

Definitely coming. The onboard app shows only American Diner and doesn’t reference Margaritaville. Still in place onboard though with signage and custom tables. 

4 hours ago, g683002 said:

Definitely coming. The onboard app shows only American Diner and doesn’t reference Margaritaville. Still in place onboard though with signage and custom tables. 

Thanks. I looked back at the thread, it just said it was coming to the Bliss not that it had already been converted, I misunderstood it. We'll be on in 2 weeks, I hope it's still Margaritaville, if only because my wife and I enjoy the margaritas from there.

Also thanks for the tip about the menus being in the app, I didn't realize they were in there. No more menu begging! 😀

On 2/21/2020 at 2:22 PM, margoula said:

My son and his family are on that cruise also with a large group.......we were wondering if the weather was going to be rough since there was a storm in the Carolinas that brought some snow there and was apparently heading out to sea......safe cruising!

Was rough all day Friday.  Saturday was calm and sunny, but chilly which was expected

On 2/21/2020 at 4:54 PM, AviationInScale said:

Which pier in Manhattan did you sail from?

On 2/21/2020 at 7:20 PM, PortFees45 said:

Is there any noticeable change in passenger demographics with the new passport and travel restrictions? 

Nope.  Was the normal Northeast President's Week crowd