Upgrade to Balcony?

JCJR

Prices went down on my 3 day Navigator of the Seas cruise in April. Presently I have an Inside Virtual Balcony room mid ship, port side 9th floor (I think ideal location). I can upgrade to a Guaranty Balcony for same price. Are there any bad balconies on NOS? Like obstructed view . There are aft and Fwd cabins on decks 6,7,9 and 10 left. On a three day cruise should I risk a good location? I know it is personal preference but maybe some one out there can help. I would think that since balconies are on the outside of the ship (not interior) noise from above or below might be negligible if given deck 6.

What do you think?

An obstructed view is still better than the view from an inside cabin especially if its the same price or cheaper. I had an obstructed view balcony on NOS and loved it would do it again in a hartbeat.

P.S.

NOS is a great ship, she was our first. Have a great time!!

Edited by dropman12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JCJR said:

Prices went down on my 3 day Navigator of the Seas cruise in April. Presently I have an Inside Virtual Balcony room mid ship, port side 9th floor (I think ideal location). I can upgrade to a Guaranty Balcony for same price. Are there any bad balconies on NOS? Like obstructed view . There are aft and Fwd cabins on decks 6,7,9 and 10 left. On a three day cruise should I risk a good location? I know it is personal preference but maybe some one out there can help. I would think that since balconies are on the outside of the ship (not interior) noise from above or below might be negligible if given deck 6.

What do you think?

Not a fan of being under the pool deck

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 11:56 AM, JCJR said:

What do you think?

So the one time we "upgraded" was on the Allure.  I know this is not the same class of ship, but ended up not being a good fit for us.  It ended up being the worst 7 days on a cruise ship for us.  Look at what balconies are left if they are all connecting you may want to think about it.  But having a connecting cabin may not be so bad for you.  Also maybe request no connecting cabin.  But then again this is my hang-up.  Obstructed views don't really bother me.  I don't think you have to worry about noise to much on deck 6.  Deck 10 may be a different story because deck 11 is above and it looks like a very busy deck.

Just some things to think about.  There is no way to know where you will end up until maybe a few days before up until the day of.  If you have not yet cruised in balcony class then go for it.  At least you will find out if you want to book a real balcony in the future.