Paid in Full but still showing a balance due.

megansdad1

I am wondering if anyone has ever run into this.  I am 64 days out from sailing and booked through CAS.  I called in yesterday morning, upgraded from my inside room to a midship balcony and got 3 additional perks for $490 more.  Score!  Later that night I went into my account to book my specialty dining reservations. ThenI saw that my account had a balance of almost $400.00.  I called CAS back and they said it was a system issue.   They told me I was all set and emailed me in invoice that shows that I am paid in full.

Today when I log in, it still shows that same balance as outstanding with a due date of today.  Has anyone ever run into this.  I am wondering if I need to call them for a 3rd time now. 

When I upgraded 3 weeks ago (from H7 to H6), also through CAS it took a few days for the NCL system to show I paid the $270 difference in fares.  The CAS agent had told me it might take a few days.  Sure enough 3 days later it was a zero balance.

I would advise waiting until Tuesday, given that it's a weekend.

• Like 1

I have had this happen, except it showed a balance of -$300.00.  Everything was fine when I checked with NCL on the phone.  It was something on the website, but on their system it was fine.  The only real downside was the system did not offer me the chance to bid to upgrade.  I did not care, and there was no problem once on board the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nhtravels said:

When I upgraded 3 weeks ago (from H7 to H6), also through CAS it took a few days for the NCL system to show I paid the $270 difference in fares.  The CAS agent had told me it might take a few days.  Sure enough 3 days later it was a zero balance.

I would advise waiting until Tuesday, given that it's a weekend.

Thanks .  I am glad to hear that this isn't just a me thing.  I will give a few days.  

Mine has been off since I booked with CAS. I paid my part in full and prepaid my service charges.  But after a day or two the system showed I owe 245 in Service charges. I am solo in an interior so it is obvious it is a mistake. CAS told me the same thing....its a system issue so ignore it. I do not like the idea of traveling to the port and having an issue when  I get there. I have the email from CAS so my fingers are crossed.

I had a similar problem (also booked through CAS) -- cruise paid in full, balance (sometimes) showing as $5,800 owing!

It was odd because I'd log in, and it would show Payment Completed, but if I navigated around the site at all (check messages, look at shore excursions, etc.), when I would go back to the main page there was a big noticed that said "You're cruise is on hold, but time is running out".  The "make A Payment button appeared, if I looked at the payment page, it showed a different amount owing.  It listed my final payment date first as days, then,as time went on, as weeks prior.

I called them and spoke to someone in their IT department. He said it was a known issue, and was purely visual , in that the cruise was indeed paid in full, but this screen would come up anyway. That message was , he said, meaningless. If I logged out and relogged in, it would be back to payment completed, until I navigated around the site, and Your cruise is on hold message would appear. Eventually it went away, but in my case it was like that for weeks, maybe even a couple of months.

Everyone I spoke with at NCL assured me that if I had the invoice showing payment was made, all would be well. Still, it is a little unnerving I know. Sounds like they are fixing these things faster these days, so fingers crossed yours is done in a couple more days. If not, I'll be your inspiration! It took weeks and weeks for me, and it was, eventually, fixed. Happy cruising 🙂