*NEW Shore Excursion Promo terms and conditions

Something fun!

So I was doing a mock booking and discovered that the current shore excursion promotional terms and conditions have changed.  In the past it has been $50/port/cabin.   I'm not sure when it changed, but the deal with new bookings today is $50 per excursion for the first person in the booking.  And you can get $50 each excursion if you take more than one in the same port.

Here is the confusing point: In the ad on the main ncl home page is says this promo is worth up to $200.  However, in the terms and conditions, nowhere does it state that there is a $200 total credit limit.  This is an important point because there could be a significant difference in money saved depending on the length of the cruise and number of shore excursions booked.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding this?

Here is the terms and conditions. I wonder why are they restricting it. it sucks my cabin mate wont get the credit

$50 USD Shore Excursion Credit
Offer is applicable to first guest on the cruise reservation.
The first guest shall receive free shore excursions priced at $50 or less (“the promotion”)
In the alternative, first guest will receive $50 in Shore Excursion Credits to apply against shore excursions priced greater than $50.
$50 Shore Excursion Credit is applicable to all tours, including debarkation tours.
In the event the tour is less than the value of the credit the $50 Shore Excursion Credit will be adjusted to match the tour value.
The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port.
Latitude Members Discount is combinable with the $50 Shore Excursion Credit.
In the case of multiple excursion credits or discounts, the $50 Shore Excursion Credit will be applied first followed by any additional shore excursion discounts.
In the event a port of call or shore excursion is canceled, the guest will be refunded the amount that the guest paid for the excursion.
For shore excursions purchased prior to cruise, the promotion or $50 Shore Excursion Credits will be applied to the first guest at time of purchase.
For shore excursions purchased onboard, the promotion or $50 Shore Excursion Credit will be applied to the first guest’s onboard account.
Please see additional restrictions below:

• If the first guest purchases shore excursions tickets for other guests, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit will not apply to such tickets.
  • The first guest cannot purchase shore excursions for themselves where the duration of such excursions overlap in time.
  • For port calls in Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit does not apply to equipment rentals.
  • Pre-cruise and post-cruise land tours are not eligible for this promotion.
  • $50 Shore Excursion Credit has no monetary value, are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for actual currency of any value.
  • Other guest in the stateroom are not eligible to receive the promotion or $50 Shore Excursion Credits.

another thing to note is the GSC restrictions

Edited by shof515

Nowhere in the actual T&C's does it say there is a limit, so I guess that advertising is on par with the tv ads that used to advertise "borrow up to $10,000 or more" or other some such nonsense.

I have an upcoming cruise with 12 ports and double excursion credits - and I'm counting on using every penny.  I was  also hoping that they would split the 2 benefits so my roommate can take advantage of my overage, but not counting on it. I'll still ask, maybe they grandfather in, although I'm not sure that the original intent of the promo has changed, just clarified/tightened the rules.

I pre-booked my excursions a couple months ago - have the $50 and an extra $50 which was the promo at the time.  

When I booked, I was able to book all 4 of us for the shuttle to cocoa beach (can’t remember the cost but it was definitely less than $100 total) as well as snorkelling equipment at GSC.  

This was all booked on the phone and was supposed to cost me $0 since I had the credits. I’m hoping they can’t or won’t go back on that.  Anyone know??

I hadn’t booked anything for Nassau at that point and still haven’t.  I wonder how the extra $50 gets treated.  It does seem to have a different name/code.  

So I called the NCL booking department and actually ended up speaking with the woman who does all of the recordings you listen to over and over. Awesome woman...super nice and helpful.  She clarified to me that there is not a limit on the shorex credit amount you can receive.  The change is literally just going to $50 per excursion for the first person on the reservation.

19 hours ago, Something fun! said:

So I was doing a mock booking and discovered that the current shore excursion promotional terms and conditions have changed.  In the past it has been $50/port/cabin.   I'm not sure when it changed, but the deal with new bookings today is $50 per excursion for the first person in the booking.  And you can get $50 each excursion if you take more than one in the same port.

Here is the confusing point: In the ad on the main ncl home page is says this promo is worth up to $200.  However, in the terms and conditions, nowhere does it state that there is a $200 total credit limit.  This is an important point because there could be a significant difference in money saved depending on the length of the cruise and number of shore excursions booked.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding this?

Are you sure you get $50 for each excursion if you take multiple excursions in a port?  The way I read it, it looks like it's still just $50 per port, but you can take multiple excursions and get the $50.  So, if you take two $30 excursions, you'll get $50 in credit (not $60) rather than just $30 credit for the first excursion

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Are you sure you get $50 for each excursion if you take multiple excursions in a port?  The way I read it, it looks like it's still just $50 per port, but you can take multiple excursions and get the $50.  So, if you take two $30 excursions, you'll get $50 in credit (not $60) rather than just $30 credit for the first excursion

I booked two excursions for Barbados, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Each was $50, and the credit was applied separately to each; I didn't have to pay anything at all for those excursions.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I booked two excursions for Barbados, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Each was $50, and the credit was applied separately to each; I didn't have to pay anything at all for those excursions.

This is wonderful!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Apparently this isn't new, just never advertised.  I took 2 excursions once and got $50 credit on each - thought is was a mistake because there had been some craziness around one of the reservations.  Good to know, especially since I've got double excursions booked on an upcoming cruise!  I wonder if that holds true on the double-excursion credits as well, although taking multiple excursions isn't feasible most of the time because there isn't time or they overlap.

I need clarification on the possibility of “double” excursion credit.  I booked IX which included promotional $50 shore excursion credit for each port.  Considered paying a bit more to book IF and choose shore excursion perk.  But was told I could not double up ($50 + $50 potential credit per port).

4 minutes ago, logan25 said:

I need clarification on the possibility of “double” excursion credit.  I booked IX which included promotional $50 shore excursion credit for each port.  Considered paying a bit more to book IF and choose shore excursion perk.  But was told I could not double up ($50 + $50 potential credit per port).

The double excursion was a special promo they ran for a month or so last fall - you could choose NCL airfare or the extra excursion credit.

If I understand your question, you are talking about the $50 credit they are offering for sailaway vs the Free at Sea promo that you could get if you upgrade.  You wouldn't get both.  If you are before final payment, you would re-book and get the perks associated with your new booking.  If after final payment, you would either keep the perks you had or get the perks with the upgrade - but not both.

Not happy that it doesn't include equipment rentals on GSC anymore.   The only other port on our itinerary is Puerto Plata and with it being new, I don't even know what I can take that would be close to $50 if I didn't want to spend a lot more.