Upgrade questions

krittykat

This is our first time sailing with NCL (previously sailed with Holland, Royal Caribbean and Princess). Trying to find  our favorite cruise line, until now it has been Holland - but want to see what NCL is like.

We are sailing in April on the Getaway. We have a spa balcony. Since prices dropped, I contacted NCL and checked on upgrade but they could only offer a family mini-suite (there are 2 of us) and we would have lost the spa access. So I went with OBC.   Now prices have dropped further - I jumped the gun, I can see.  I would love to get into a spa mini suite - just for the slightly larger room/bathroom.
Do you think calling NCL again would be fruitful?  Since the other was their "One and only" offer. 

I do have a bid in for this Spa Mini-suite but also not sure if that will accepted.

Generally speaking you get a one-time deal - either an upgrade or OBC. 

On my very first cruise I did get a double upgrade by sweet-talking the rep on the second upgrade- but in both cases it was a paid upgrade. Inside to OV to balcony.  But with a "payout" I'm not sure anything else is possible unless you win your bid - good luck.

Have you checked to verify that there are any spa mini-suites available?  If there is one (meaning if you do a mock booking and there is a list of rooms to choose from, not just GTY) you might be able to call and ask if that specific cabin is available for upgrade.  I've done that, but it was my "one and only" so not sure if it would work for you.

1 hour ago, krittykat said:

This is our first time sailing with NCL (previously sailed with Holland, Royal Caribbean and Princess). Trying to find  our favorite cruise line, until now it has been Holland - but want to see what NCL is like.

We are sailing in April on the Getaway. We have a spa balcony. Since prices dropped, I contacted NCL and checked on upgrade but they could only offer a family mini-suite (there are 2 of us) and we would have lost the spa access. So I went with OBC.   Now prices have dropped further - I jumped the gun, I can see.  I would love to get into a spa mini suite - just for the slightly larger room/bathroom.
Do you think calling NCL again would be fruitful?  Since the other was their "One and only" offer. 

I do have a bid in for this Spa Mini-suite but also not sure if that will accepted.

Typically any courtesy adjustments by NCL are one and done but never hurts to call..... but the expectation should be they say no to anything 

43 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Typically any courtesy adjustments by NCL are one and done but never hurts to call..... but the expectation should be they say no to anything 

Thanks. I wonder if I call if it would affect my upgrade bid.  Either way..I am happy where we are at so no loss. Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, krittykat said:

How much was the price drop and how much OBC did you receive?

41 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

How much was the price drop and how much OBC did you receive?

Price drop puts spa mini suite to less than what we paid for our spa balcony. OBC was about $200 so it's ok. NCL didn't go for adjusting again and price quoted changed to spa mini suite was crazy. So will just wait to see if my bid is accepted

Since this is your first cruise with NCL - you don't have the loyalty ticket*** to ask for further favorable favors.

So you are left with the bidding game and since your cruise is in April you are right now at or beyond the

Final Payment negotiation period.

*** Loyalty ticket - frequent cruiser perhaps Platinum or better status - have PCC or TA connection.

Good Luck - next cruise you will be wiser in the NCL ways.