Highly Recommend this Private Guide

vakamalua

We were in Buenos Aires for four days and took a full day private tour with Pedro Werberg on our first full day.   He speaks impeccable English (he lived in the US) and is extremely knowledgable, flexible and personable.   In addition to driving through the city, we stoped at San Martin Square, visited the Plaza de Mayo including the Metropolitan Cathedral; the San Telmo neighborhood; and had a fun time in colorful La Boca/ Caminito chatting with an artist/ former Tango master.   I highly recommend Pedro Werberg for a great introduction to the city, as well as great conversation about a wide range of topics.   amigodebuenosaires (dot)com

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Thank you vakamalua, I have only read great things about Pedro.
We would like to book a tour with him, but his website is no longer working.
Could you please pass on his email address when you get a chance?
I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Many thanks in advance, and for the recommendation

21 hours ago, eyore said:

Thank you vakamalua, I have only read great things about Pedro.
We would like to book a tour with him, but his website is no longer working.
Could you please pass on his email address when you get a chance?
I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Many thanks in advance, and for the recommendation

This is the email that I have for Pedro; our tour with him was in late January 2020.

clickonenglish55@gmail.com

Enjoy Buenos Aires--a beautiful city.  You can PM me if you want a recommendation for a day trip to an Estancia; well worth it to experience a working ranch.

Thanks for replying so quickly!
PM is disabled for me, sorry
I'd love any and all recommendations you have!
We have a varied group, so will have to arrange several different things to satisfy everyone.
We are going on a cruise Santiago (San Antonio) to BA, so if you have been to any of the following places and have any other great recommendations, I'd appreciate it. I did some research preparing for our Nov 2020 cruise, which was cancelled. I'm just starting to get back into in for our Nov 2021 cruise, hoping it will go ahead....

• Santiago/San Antonio/Valparaiso (3 days)
  • Puerto Montt
  • Puerto Chacabuco
  • Punta Arenas
  • Ushuaia
  • Port Stanley has been cancelled, hopefully Puerto Madryn
  • Montevideo
  • Buenos Aires (4 days)

Thanks a million for the email for Pedro and any other advice you have

• Like 1

eyore, hope you managed to contact Pedro.

Buenos Aires:

--For a great estancia experience, contact Guillermo, the owner of Camino Pampa.  Request that he be your guide.  My review:  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312741-d2071959-r747806242-Camino_Pampa-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

--We did the VIP Tango Lesson & show at Tango Porteno.  The VIP was more expensive but worth it.  My Review:  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312741-d1450864-r747403287-Tango_Porteno-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

--Don't miss spending some time wandering around Recoleta Cemetery.  Eva Peron is buried there but her little plague doesn't hold a candle to the other amazing gravesites.  Do a search for the remarkable stories of the some of the people buried there.

--if you get to La Boca, ask around if Guillermo Alio is one of the artists (and former tango master) there that day; one of his watercolors is the best souvenir you could buy!

--We stayed at the Melia Recoleta Plaza; they have a great Jazz Club in the basement.

Santiago:

--Recommend a full day private tour out of the city with I Love Chile Tours.  We combined their day in the Andes with a winery visit. My Review:  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294305-d12178799-r748929210-Ilovechile_Tours-Santiago_Santiago_Metropolitan_Region.html

--For a very expensive but unforgettable experience, go to a private observatory for a night with the southern sky.  My Review:  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294305-d1918899-r748921187-Chile_Off_Track-Santiago_Santiago_Metropolitan_Region.html

--You can easily find a tour to Valparaiso (recommend one that includes a visit to Pablo Neruda's house; read some of his poetry & history first)  & Vina Del Mar, a lovely beach town with good seafood.

Sorry you'll miss the Falkland Islands--had a great day there visiting the Rockhopper penguins--so lively & funny.

• Like 2

Thanks so much, vakamalua!
Thanks so much for all the time you spent putting this together, and also for your very helpful reviews on Trip Advisor.
Unfortunately, our entire cruise was cancelled two days ago. I'm so disappointed, although I suspected it might happen and I think it was the right decision. For now we have the same cruise on the books for Dec 2022. One of our group has already bought flights for Nov 2021, and may go to BA and Santiago and tour around, if the covid situation improves. I will forward him your post.
Your recommendations are fantastic and greatly appreciated. I'll refer back to them when planning again for 2022!
Thanks again so so much
Take care

10 hours ago, eyore said:

Thanks so much for all the time you spent putting this together, and also for your very helpful reviews on Trip Advisor.
Unfortunately, our entire cruise was cancelled two days ago. I'm so disappointed, although I suspected it might happen and I think it was the right decision. For now we have the same cruise on the books for Dec 2022. One of our group has already bought flights for Nov 2021, and may go to BA and Santiago and tour around, if the covid situation improves. I will forward him your post.
Your recommendations are fantastic and greatly appreciated. I'll refer back to them when planning again for 2022!
Thanks again so so much
Take care

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that your cruise was cancelled. May I ask which line and date? 

It was Holland America
Westerdam 30-Nov-21 14-Day South America Passage San Antonio to Buenos Aires
Replaced by:
Oosterdam 6-Dec-22  14-Day South America Passage San Antonio to Buenos Aires

Thanks for your sympathy. I'm still wallowing in my own😉

On 6/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, eyore said:

Thanks again so so much
Take care

eyore,

Sorry to hear that your cruise was postponed but I agree that this is not the right time to travel internationally to South America.

Since you have another year to plan (and save)  : )  I heartily recommend you think about adding time on both ends of the cruise.  A few days in Rio de Janeiro is well worth the time (and flight between Buenos Aires)--has one of the most beautiful natural settings for a city in the world.  We also spent five days on Easter Island--a truly once in a lifetime, unforgettable experience.  People think it's just looking at 'big heads' but we had an amazing guide and we saw so learned so much history, culture, geology, etc.  Our guide even took us with his family to an island festival!

Happy to answer any other Qs you or your group might have.

Best wishes for all future travels.

Thank you Vakamalua! We will definitely add days on either side for Santiago and Buenos Aires. Not sure will make it to Rio or Easter Island. We are all working folks who already have a tough time getting three weeks in a row off work! But now we have two more places to add to the "When one of us wins the lottery" list!
Thanks again for all of your help and advice.
Happy travels

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Vakamalua, I'm looking for suggestions for side trips/tours when we stay in Buenos Aires for 3 days pre-cruise. We went to Iguazu on our last SA cruise, and only had time for a quick cruiseline tour of BA on our way to the airport. It was very rushed. Did you consider visiting Colonia del Sacramento? What restaurants did you visit and which did you think was the best for the great Argentine steak that I keep reading about?

2 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Vakamalua, I'm looking for suggestions for side trips/tours when we stay in Buenos Aires for 3 days pre-cruise. We went to Iguazu on our last SA cruise, and only had time for a quick cruiseline tour of BA on our way to the airport. It was very rushed. Did you consider visiting Colonia del Sacramento? What restaurants did you visit and which did you think was the best for the great Argentine steak that I keep reading about?

Did you see this thread a little further down? Lots of good information on BA.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 5:31 PM, kathynorth said:

We were in Buenos Aires March of 2020 (right before COVID hit) and took a private tour of San Telmo, La Boca, and the city center with Ceri through https://www.buenostours.com .  The following day we did the 3 hour tour of Recoleta and the cemetery.  We had a great experience!  Just let the guide know what you're interested in and he/she will accommodate.  As for steak, Ceri took us to Desnivel on Defensa.  It was super!