Customer No Service

denali1

We took a cruise Jan 5 out of Buenos Aires. Customer service on the ship was great. Not so with the land based operation. 
I asked, by email, as they instructed, for a copy of the folio. The ship never provided a folio, and I was asked by our insurance for a copy. (My wife got sick and had to see the ships dr). I have emailed three times, but Azamara is not interested in providing this. The last time I emailed them, I also sent a copy to the loyalty club. No answer, not even an acknowledgement that they will get with me as soon as possible. It appears that when they want your money, they can respond immediately. After they get your money, one wonders if they really care. 
I realize I could call someone, but not interested in setting on rot for a long time. Besides, it is not how they asked for the folio request to be handled. 
(Btw, I sent the insurance company the invoice from the ships doctors. They wanted more.)

Hi denali1,

I'm sorry to hear you have been unsuccessful getting a copy of your final folio. That's frustrating!

Let me ask which email address you used? Have you tried Azamaracustomerservice@azamara.com ?

I'll share your original post and tell them to be on the look-out for your email to the above. We will get this straightened out asap!

6 minutes ago, denali1 said:

Thank you. I used azamaraguestrelations@azamara.com
Which is what the website said to use. 
I also sent the email to loyalty@azamara.com.

The management of our Customer Service confirmed a few minutes ago he's watching for your email. 

Again, we apologize for the 'no service'! 

• Like 1

Thank you Bonnie MacLaird. I got my statement!!

Sadly, if you had not got involved, I would still be waiting. That speaks to some very questionable customer service. It should not be this way. Azamara should want to take care of their customers, without involvement of Bonnie. Sad indeed. 
But....I am grateful. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, denali1 said:

Thank you Bonnie MacLaird. I got my statement!!

Sadly, if you had not got involved, I would still be waiting. That speaks to some very questionable customer service. It should not be this way. Azamara should want to take care of their customers, without involvement of Bonnie. Sad indeed. 
But....I am grateful. 

This is disappointing to read. I had the exact same issue a while ago, took it the Cruise Critic route and Bonnie sorted it. But how many times can Azamara blame an email issue (see also my latest post on the loyalty program thread)?  It's like the boy who cried wolf. Eventually we stop listening. 

Phil 

18 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This is disappointing to read. I had the exact same issue a while ago, took it the Cruise Critic route and Bonnie sorted it. But how many times can Azamara blame an email issue (see also my latest post on the loyalty program thread)?  It's like the boy who cried wolf. Eventually we stop listening. 

Phil 

Couldn’t agree more.  
And can I add if you do get through, the quality of response is so poor - I had recent experience where the responses were cut and paste and had not been contextualised to my situation (they were relevant to crew/entertainers not guests). I have no doubt the answer was correct but they had not been checked before being pasted into a guest email. 
Previously emails were often answered in the UK and the standard of communication was much higher, you did not having missing words and disjointed language. 
I have a very current comparison with a competitor where a random enquiry through a website has produced an excellent relevant response within 24 hours to what was a very tentative enquiry, the response was extremely well composed, personal and linked to the direct email address of the agent AND a feedback link to their manager’s email. I intend to use that link to pass on praise. 

Thanks Phil and uktog.
With the Corona virus concerns, travel will surely be impacted. Coupled with service problems (including e mail), this does not bode well for cruise lines. My RCL stock, as with most others, has taken a big hit. Time to step the service up!

Edited by denali1

On 2/27/2020 at 5:42 AM, BBMacLaird said:

The management of our Customer Service confirmed a few minutes ago he's watching for your email. 

Again, we apologize for the 'no service'! 

Hello Bonnie,

Are you also able to help us?

We were on the cruise from Mumbai to Cape Town which started on 28th Dec 2019.

Unfortunately with only a couple of weeks  to departure, the port for Kenya was cancelled by Azamara and the company offered a visa refund for passengers who had already applied for and had received said visa.

Our refund has not yet been credited to our credit card account. We are aware of other passengers having already received the refund.

Hoping you can sort this out, these sorts of issues really do not abode well for Azamara passengers when problems are encountered thru no fault of their own.

Many Thanks.

18 hours ago, pmcl said:

Hello Bonnie,

Are you also able to help us?

We were on the cruise from Mumbai to Cape Town which started on 28th Dec 2019.

Unfortunately with only a couple of weeks  to departure, the port for Kenya was cancelled by Azamara and the company offered a visa refund for passengers who had already applied for and had received said visa.

Our refund has not yet been credited to our credit card account. We are aware of other passengers having already received the refund.

Hoping you can sort this out, these sorts of issues really do not abode well for Azamara passengers when problems are encountered thru no fault of their own.

Many Thanks.

Hello pmcl, 

I'm sure you're refund is in the works. Our team's inboxes are all very busy whatwith the virus issues and queries, but I'm sure your visa refund will be coming to you.

If you need further assistance you should email or call our Customer Service. I'm not sure which country you're in since your CC identity makes no mention. So try the generic AzamaraCustomerService@Azamara.com or the loyalty desk: Loyalty@Azamara.com.

All the best,

Bonnie

Many Thanks Bonnie,

We are in Australia, and yes I am well aware that all cruise line teams are overwhelmed at present ,so we will give it a few more weeks and try again if the refund has not been credited in the interim.

Thanks  again for your quick response.

14 hours ago, pmcl said:

Many Thanks Bonnie,

We are in Australia, and yes I am well aware that all cruise line teams are overwhelmed at present ,so we will give it a few more weeks and try again if the refund has not been credited in the interim.

Thanks  again for your quick response.

Yes, do reach out again in a few weeks if still no refund.