Royal Up & Refunds

1 minute ago, mom2miracles said:

I'm getting mixed responses on this, so I thought I would ask here. If you win a royal up in a Star Class Suite (currently booked in a Sky Class Suite), do you get a refund on any beverage packages/speciality dining that has already been purchased? 

you can refund that right now, can't you?

8 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

I'm getting mixed responses on this, so I thought I would ask here. If you win a royal up in a Star Class Suite (currently booked in a Sky Class Suite), do you get a refund on any beverage packages/speciality dining that has already been purchased? 

Your genie can take care of all that on board.

5 minutes ago, gliles said:

you can refund that right now, can't you?

Today, yes. But I haven't "won" a Royal Up. So if I cancel now and don't get the Royal Up, I have to re-purchase everything for likely a higher price then I paid. 

1 minute ago, robtulipe said:

Yes you can cancel for a full refund if unused.

Can that be at any point? I thought you had to cancel X amount of time advance. If I don't find out until the day before that I did get it (I'm sure I won't though, lol), can I cancel that close to the departure?

3 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

Today, yes. But I haven't "won" a Royal Up. So if I cancel now and don't get the Royal Up, I have to re-purchase everything for likely a higher price then I paid. 

Can that be at any point? I thought you had to cancel X amount of time advance. If I don't find out until the day before that I did get it (I'm sure I won't though, lol), can I cancel that close to the departure?

Like I said, if you get the upgrade at the last minute your genie will get everything refunded on board.  Nothing to worry about.  You will get your refund one way or another. 

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Like I said, if you get the upgrade at the last minute your genie will get everything refunded on board.  Nothing to worry about.  You will get your refund one way or another. 

22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The genie can cancel it and you will get refundable OBC

Awesome, thanks so much!!

I just talked to my TA and none of the suites for the Royal Up are even available and are waitlisted. Not even sure what the point is then! lol!! 

1 minute ago, mom2miracles said:

Not even sure what the point is then!

Last minute cancellations.  You're already going regardless and your bid will be extra $ in Royal's pocket and then they can RoyalUp someone to your current room and make even more.  That may even trump someone waitlisted if it's last minute enough.

3 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

I just talked to my TA and none of the suites for the Royal Up are even available and are waitlisted. Not even sure what the point is then! lol!! 

In case one does become available due to a late cancellation with your bid they have yet another option to fill the suite. 

15 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

Star class people might Royal Up to Secret Star + staterooms 😉 

6 hours ago, mom2miracles said:

Oh sorry, I thought you got the Royal Up - confirmed.