Cancel for Any Reason:: 75% of what exactly?

39august

We have ship travel insurance, so CFAR is covered. Is the cruise line future cruise credit back 75% of the entire cruise cost including the port fees and taxes, please? Or is it 75% of the cruise price only? Obviously the insurance cost is not part of the credit back.

On 2/29/2020 at 2:18 PM, bennybear said:

IIRC the taxes and fees are refunded and the 75% is of the cruise price,  not sure if it is a credit or cash that is returned. 

For Princess Vacation Protection, CFAR is a credit, covered medical reason is cash.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, 39august said:

We have ship travel insurance, so CFAR is covered. Is the cruise line future cruise credit back 75% of the entire cruise cost including the port fees and taxes, please? Or is it 75% of the cruise price only? Obviously the insurance cost is not part of the credit back.

You did not mention the cruise line, but both of the other posters have given you good information. Here is a little more:

• No policy will cover your taxes and port fees because they are normally refundable.  Exception may be if you are one one of the premium lines that bundles taxes and port fees into the price.  I don't know how that works for sure.
  • All cruise lines that I am aware of except Holland America give you a cruise credit for CFAR.  Holland is cash.
  • If you cancel for a covered reason, then you get cash back.
  • If you have  a CFAR policy from the cruise line and you also cancel flights, the air fare may or may not be covered depending on the cruise line and where you bought the tickets (i.e. through the cruise line or on your own).  Some lines specifically exclude airfare from CFAR, even if purchased through the cruise line.  Similar issues with pre or post cruise hotels.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We too have NCL's basic coverage....75% towards a future cruise.

As far as I can see it would be of the 'Cruise fare' only - in our case the line is C1,526.71 (times 2) would be $382~ per person.  Plus the cost of the insurance ($159 per adult)

All the additional fees and taxes and pre-booked excursions would/should be refunded as they are refundable? 

6 hours ago, maplevale said:

As far as I can see it would be of the 'Cruise fare' only - in our case the line is C1,526.71 (times 2) would be $382~ per person.  Plus the cost of the insurance ($159 per adult)

All the additional fees and taxes and pre-booked excursions would/should be refunded as they are refundable? 

I don't get the math.

Yes, fees, taxes, and anything pre-booked would be refunded.