?? Covered balconies, Dolphin deck, Island Princess ??

flamomo

Help. please!! It's been quite some time since I have sailed on the Island or her sister, the Coral.

Considering a minisuite on Dolphin deck, but need to know if those balconies are covered (hopefully), or uncovered as is true of many other  Princess ships.

I need to know for sure before pursuing this, and doubt that Princess agents are apt to know with certainty.

The Dolphin Deck balconies ARE covered.  If you look at cruisedeckplans dot com, and click on the Island Princess, in the lower right you will see ARCHIVED BALCONY INFORMATION, which is a document that shows the balcony situation on the Island and Coral, whether a cabin has a covered, partially covered, or uncovered balcony.  Note that this was created before the ship was extended, so it only has the info for the original ship.

1 hour ago, flamomo said:

Help. please!! It's been quite some time since I have sailed on the Island or her sister, the Coral.

Considering a minisuite on Dolphin deck, but need to know if those balconies are covered (hopefully), or uncovered as is true of many other  Princess ships.

I need to know for sure before pursuing this, and doubt that Princess agents are apt to know with certainty.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id4.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flamomo said:

We are on the Island Princess and my understanding is that the Dolphin Deck Aft Mini-suites are the fully covered cabins.....that's what we usually get.  

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2020 at 9:21 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

This looks accurate by my recollection. We

were in D415 and definitely not covered (we’d seen a different map that indicated may be partial). Not a huge deal for us - just wear a hat lol - but we also found the balcony furniture to be not the most comfortable so mostly standing & sunset watching.