Formal nights 15 night cruise/makeup mirror

MomC

I just booked yesterday on Splendor for the April 1 cruise so I haven’t gotten my documents yet. How many formal nights will there be?  Also, is the dress code still long dress or cocktail attire for women and tux or dark suite for men?

Cruise  lines have gone country club casual, but I’m unsure what Regent guests are doing.

Also, I like to put on my makeup at the desk. Is there a free standing makeup mirror that can be used there?

Thank you in advance.

Mom C

There may be one formal night but is optional. You may see some men wearing tuxes but not too many. My husband wears a suit. Women wear nice dresses but again not all.

Yes, there is a make up mirror at the desk. If you don't have one, ask your cabin steward.

Enjoy your cruise.

30 minutes ago, MomC said:

I just booked yesterday on Splendor for the April 1 cruise so I haven’t gotten my documents yet. How many formal nights will there be?  Also, is the dress code still long dress or cocktail attire for women and tux or dark suite for men?

Cruise  lines have gone country club casual, but I’m unsure what Regent guests are doing.

Also, I like to put on my makeup at the desk. Is there a free standing makeup mirror that can be used there?

Thank you in advance.

Mom C

Since your cruise is less than16 nights, there will not be any Formal Optional nights. Here is the Regent dress code:

Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear consists of resort-style outfits; some examples are jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime both on board or ashore. Casual wear is not appropriate after 6:00 PM, with the exceptions of while dining at the Pool Grill or Pool Bar and on the final evening of the cruise. On the night prior to disembarkation, guests may need to pack their luggage early due to morning flights the next day. With this in mind, on the last night of every voyage, we will relax the dress code for dinner to Casual. 

Otherwise, the recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress for ladies includes a skirt, or slacks with a blouse or sweater, a pant suit or dress; slacks and a collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Casual wear is not to be worn at dinner, once again with the exceptions of while dining at the Pool Grill and on the final evening of the cruise. Ties are not required. 

On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two of the evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen.

Hope this helps.

Dave

As Dave posted, there are no "Formal Optional" nights on 15 night cruises.  On our upcoming 16 night Splendor cruise there are two "Formal Optional" nights.  The "Optional" part is very important.  Only a handful of women wear long gowns - a few more wear cocktail dresses.  Most women dress in slacks or skirt with a fancy blouse while men run the gamut from polo shirts and Dockers to tuxedos.

While this is not something that you need to think about, feel free to dress up as much as you want.  Some people really enjoy it and dress up every night while others dress to Regent's minimum requirement.  We tend to dress up more on the night of the Captain's Reception and when we dine in specialty restaurants.  My DH typically wears a slacks and a dress shirt to dinner and adds a jacket for this event and when we dine in specialty restaurants.

Thanks for your quick responses.  That puts my mind at ease. I love to dress nicely but don’t want to pack cocktail dresses if I don’t have to.  My husband loves to wear dress slacks and long sleeve shirt—sport coat on dressy nights!

Mom C