THE ENCHANTED PRINCESS -- Any street talk?

Boiler Cruiser

My DW and I are booked on the Enchanted Princess for a Mediterranean cruise in October, 2021.

Do any of you, with your ear to the ground, so to speak, have any information about the ship?  Any insight into how it may differ, or not, from the other Royal Class ships?

We are looking forward to our cruise on this new ship.

22 minutes ago, Boiler Cruiser said:

My DW and I are booked on the Enchanted Princess for a Mediterranean cruise in October, 2021.

Do any of you, with your ear to the ground, so to speak, have any information about the ship?  Any insight into how it may differ, or not, from the other Royal Class ships?

We are looking forward to our cruise on this new ship.

It's the same as the sky princess. Except where Vines is located it will become salty dog gastropub. And where Bellini's currently is on the sky it will become good spirits bar and then the bellinis will be located where good spirits is currently located on the sky. And then also they will be bringing back crooners right by the princess shops

19 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are also booked in October for the 25 Day Trans-Crossing and we are VERY UNHAPPY about losing Vines!  That is our favorite hangout.  We hope they bring it back for the Discovery!

The deck plans and information on pricess' website indicate that Discovery and Enchanted will be 100% identical twin ships - so unless something is changed after the launch of Enchanted, no Vines on Discovery either.  It is possible with the "Good Spirits" venue being larger on Enchanted/Discovery that they may have a wider selections of wine at that bar to offset the loss of Vines (or so one would hope).  Time will tell!

I know many enjoy Vines (myself included) but I often found it empty, or near empty, most times during the day when I sailed the Caribbean Princess and Emerald Princess.  

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

It's the same as the sky princess. Except where Vines is located it will become salty dog gastropub. And where Bellini's currently is on the sky it will become good spirits bar and then the bellinis will be located where good spirits is currently located on the sky. And then also they will be bringing back crooners right by the princess shops

I actually think these changes will make the Enchanted an overall better ship than Sky, especially with the re-introduction of Crooners!  Reducing the size of the photo gallery to move one of the shops into that location is what seems to have allowed this, and it makes sense since the new digital photo system requires much less "display" space and with the Medallion technology there may eventually be an option to purchase photos via the app - either as downloadable files to your phone/tablet/laptop/etc or for delivery as a disc or physical prints for pickup at the gallery, or even delivery to cabin.  Lots of ways to enhance that process for cruisers and use the physical space better.

While many will bemoan the loss of Vines I look forward to having an additional casual dining option at the Salty Dog GastroPub.  I'll be interested to see if they offer an expanded menu as this will be the first stand-alone dedicated one in the fleet.  The current menu is appealing, but lacks enough variety in my opinion, for multiple visits.  Adding one or two more specialty burger/sandwich options would be a good start!

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

I believe the Salty Dog Gastropub is a pay venue, correct ?

Yes - on the ships that currently have it there is a $12pp cover charge.  Each person gets 2 choose two "salty dog plates" and a dessert.  They bring "Ernestos dip sticks" for the table to share.  No indication yet if the menu will change for Enchanted/Discovery or not

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/the-salty-dog-gastropub/salty-dog-menu.pdf

Considering how many included venues Princess have on their ships (and that none are being eliminated)  the addition of an additional pay to dine venue does not bother me personally