Gift Card usage on board

dltvermont

I have a partial card that I didnt use up when paying off our balance and then thought of buying another 500 card at a discount for our on board account. Before I do that, I just want to make sure I can use them on board if I have guest services apply them to my account??

Do you have to have them applied to your account or can my daughter take a gift card to the candy store and purchase candy? We were considering purchasing gift cards for them to use as "spending money" but then I thought I read somewhere that the only "payment" on board stores, coffee shops, bars, etc will accept is a sail and sign. 

1 minute ago, Cruisin_Cheesehead said:

Do you have to have them applied to your account or can my daughter take a gift card to the candy store and purchase candy? We were considering purchasing gift cards for them to use as "spending money" but then I thought I read somewhere that the only "payment" on board stores, coffee shops, bars, etc will accept is a sail and sign. 

You are correct. The only way to purchase anything onboard ship is via the S&S account.

1 hour ago, Cruisin_Cheesehead said:

But you can also set a daily limit for each person on your sail and sign account.  I believe you go to desk services to set that up  ( I am sure someone will chime in to correct me if I'm wrong😉)

baf