Ncl pearl dailies? Baby/guppy dailies? Baby pool?

Cutesydani

Anyone have  pearl dailies? Spec for Bahamas but any of them I guess? 

Baby/guppy dailies?i want to know the activities for babies under 3. 

so I saw they have a seperate Baby pool, so does that mean swim

diapers allowed? Bc it’s seperate than the other pools! 

43 minutes ago, Cutesydani said:

Anyone have  pearl dailies? Spec for Bahamas but any of them I guess? 

Baby/guppy dailies?i want to know the activities for babies under 3. 

so I saw they have a seperate Baby pool, so does that mean swim

diapers allowed? Bc it’s seperate than the other pools! 

Swim diapers are NEVER allowed in any public pool...it is a USPH law.

39 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Yep, leave your swim diapers at home, not only are baby pools non existent on cruises, only a handful have small splash areas for kids in diapers, and there are none on NCL ships. The only NCL ship with a nursery is the Escape.

Ummmmm. Yes they are Allowed if it is a separate filtration system and able to be cleaned. That’s exactly what the law states. 

the pearl based on pictures has a clearly seperate pool called a baby pool, in a completely separate indoor area  away from the other pools. 

AND I am not asking about nursery.

they state they have guppies programming daily on all ships for babies under 3 wirh parents 

2 minutes ago, Cutesydani said:

Ummmmm. Yes they are Allowed if it is a separate filtration system and able to be cleaned. That’s exactly what the law states. 

the pearl based on pictures has a clearly seperate pool called a baby pool, in a completely separate indoor area  away from the other pools. 

they state they have guppies programming daily on all ships for babies under 3 wirh parents 

And there is a sign by that pool that clearly states no swim diapers, it’s for potty trained toddlers and preschoolers. There are ZERO baby pools on cruise ships, they are not filtered for it. The USPH regulations prohibit diapered kids in all pools on cruise ships.

2 hours ago, Cutesydani said:

From NCL's website (emphasis mine)

Are there any pool regulations?

• No running, jumping or diving are permitted in the pool area
  • Showers are required prior to use and recommended after use.
  • According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."
  • Guests must follow the rules posted on all signs in the pool or hot tub/whirlpool area.
  • Children under 16 require adult supervision at all times while using the hot tub.

8 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Not correct.  There are "baby only recreational water features" allowed by USPH.  However, only Disney ships and certain RCI ships (Oasis, Quantum, Freedom classes, and some Voyager class) have them.

6 hours ago, Cutesydani said:

It is not that the pools are separate, the water supply must be separate, which may or may not be the case for the Pearl's kid pool.  Further, there can only be a maximum of 2" of standing water in the splash area, the pool filtration needs to have a higher "turn-over" rate (how many times an hour the water is filtered), the pool needs a UV sterilizer in the filtration circuit, the pool needs to have physical barriers to prevent water splashing between the "baby only" pool and other pools and to keep kids from going directly from one to the other, and there must be a crew member assigned strictly to monitor the "baby only" pool, not any other duty, and there must be a diaper changing area close by, with a supply of swim diapers.  As noted above, no NCL ship has a splash area that allows swim diapers, or children who are not potty trained.

Edited by chengkp75

We got off the gem with my 16mon. They had daily activities for guppies that were 30 mins long. It was okay, I probably wouldn’t have gone if it was something that I had to pay for. Mostly painting, coloring, playing with different toys, bubbles and music. the guppies room is open 9-9 with toys so we were in there a lot to play and run around. Not sure if the Pearl has the spinnaker lounge, but my daughter spent a lot of time running around there on port days since it was empty a lot. She also enjoyed the bliss lounge when it wasn’t being set up for art auction. 

as others mentioned, no diapers of any kind in the baby pool. I don’t know if other families followed this though....