Anyone else having trouble calling Carnival?

john91498

I've been trying all morning to call Carnival, but have been unsuccessful. Cell and landline, I get a "Sorry, your call did not go though"

Calling to see if there were further price reductions, but no luck.

I called this morning.  The call got through, but I waited for 2 hours 40 minutes to talk to someone.  Thank goodness for hands free phones.  The price for my cruise had not been reduced any from when I booked.  It was actually $200 per person higher.

2 minutes ago, mistyinlex said:

I called this morning.  The call got through, but I waited for 2 hours 40 minutes to talk to someone.  Thank goodness for hands free phones.  The price for my cruise had not been reduced any from when I booked.  It was actually $200 per person higher.

I'm confused. You waited over 2.5 hours on the phone for info that is on line? Or am I missing something...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, john91498 said:

I've been trying all morning to call Carnival, but have been unsuccessful. Cell and landline, I get a "Sorry, your call did not go though"

I'd be tempted to at least wait until tomorrow, although I know price reductions can be a fluid situation. I am sure they are inundated today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amyotravel said:

I'm confused. You waited over 2.5 hours on the phone for info that is on line? Or am I missing something...

No, I didn’t call b/c of the OBC.  I called to see if there were price reductions on my sailing.  

Just now, mistyinlex said:

No, I didn’t call b/c of the OBC.  I called to see if there were price reductions on my sailing.  

Right. But I was wondering why you didn't just do a mock booking first instead of going right to calling.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mistyinlex said:

Like  others said, seriously? You could have done that on the Carnival site in two minutes for future notice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john91498 said:

Honestly, this leaves me speechless, you must realize with the new cancellation policy people are calling to get there cruises rescheduled. Some of them are scheduled to sail in the next few days, probably even tomorrow, this has been an extremely stressful situation. I am sure that stress is about to go through the roof if they are trying to cancel and reschedule a cruise that sails this weekend and can’t get through because people like you are tying up the phone lines trying to capitalize on the situation.

Please give them a chance before you try to get few extra bucks of onboard credit.  If you stop calling and let them get through to cancel you won’t have to waste time tying up the lines again when it goes down further.

• Like 2