Travelers Assurance Program + Italy Ports

WESTEAST

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I will get a clarification  for you..please repeat the exact question you need answered

Jancruz1

Hi Jancruz

We have booked through a UK TA but the only thing they added was transfers.  The flights, cruise and shore excursions are all through Oceania via the TA.  I am trying to find out if we will get back 100% FCC of what we have paid for the Oceania package of flights, cruise and shore excursions (minus the transfers as these we done through the TA).  When I contacted Oceania direct they couldn't tell me if I would get the flights or shore excursions monies back if we decided not to go.  Any help in getting clarification would be great.

Thanks

51 minutes ago, Holiday 24/7 said:

Hi Jancruz

We have booked through a UK TA but the only thing they added was transfers.  The flights, cruise and shore excursions are all through Oceania via the TA.  I am trying to find out if we will get back 100% FCC of what we have paid for the Oceania package of flights, cruise and shore excursions (minus the transfers as these we done through the TA).  When I contacted Oceania direct they couldn't tell me if I would get the flights or shore excursions monies back if we decided not to go.  Any help in getting clarification would be great.

Thanks

I have requested an answer from the Boss..(not sure if he will answer on Saturday)

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, ranchomirage777 said:

Thank you Jancruz1 our sailing is May 26th on the Riviera.

You are so kind to do this for us.

Debbie

Debbie, sorry May 26th is not decided yet I am going to post dates and itins on a new post

Jancruz1

We have a tailor made package with our Uk TA. This includes flights, hotels and transfers. All covered by ATOL

We received the email which was forwarded from Oceania this morning. We have spoken with them to clarify a few points. 

If there is a change in Embarkation or Disembarkation the TA is responsible for getting us to the correct port. All transfers are still included however we will have to negotiate re hotel. This is perfectly reasonable because obviously we were involved in the choice and cost of the original hotel and who knows where we will be sailing from.

Even though we are comprehensively insured we are very happy with the way both Oceania and our TA are dealing with this. If we end up having to have a FCC so be it.

3 hours ago, welshfamily said:

We have a tailor made package with our Uk TA. This includes flights, hotels and transfers. All covered by ATOL

We received the email which was forwarded from Oceania this morning. We have spoken with them to clarify a few points. 

If there is a change in Embarkation or Disembarkation the TA is responsible for getting us to the correct port.

If the cruise  changes  are you not entitled to a full refund  by UK laws?

I have read elsewhere that  if any port changes  then it is not what you booked  then you can get a refund???

Yes we are fully covered if there is a major change 

However 

We booked a Mediterranean Cruise, if a few ports are changed and yet the ship still sails in the Mediterranean I am not sure what would be classed as a major change. Whilst it is true most of our ports are in Italy we have visited most other ports in the Mediterranean. I think we would just go with the flow as long as it was safe to travel. 

If the cruise was moved out of the Med. we would have to look carefully at the itinerary. 

As we are in Education we are stuck to School holidays therefore it is very hard to fit in a longer cruise except in the summer months.

• Thanks 1