Travelers Assurance Program + Italy Ports

WESTEAST

Just received the following email letter:

March 6, 2020

Dear Oceania Club Member,

I’m reaching out to everyone in our Oceania Cruises family to speak to you about the state of world travel and the impact that COVID-19 has had around the globe. In the short time span of just a few weeks, it has managed to reach into every one of our lives in a different way. One of the things we all share is our passion for travel, yet how we look at travel and how we feel about it today is certainly different than it was a few weeks ago. I can’t help but look across the entire travel industry landscape and notice how everyone has been impacted, from travelers to airline pilots to tour guides. Our hearts go out to everyone that’s been impacted directly or indirectly by this global health crisis. 

On behalf of the entire team at Oceania Cruises, I want to assure you that our number one priority is, and has always been, the safety, security, and well-being of our guests and crew. We have one of the best Health and Safety teams in the industry, led by our own resident Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Carlos Gonzalez. He and his team are in constant contact with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Together, they have designed and implemented comprehensive and stringent health and safety protocols to protect you and our crew. Our team is also in regular communication with local authorities around the world so we can very quickly alter itineraries to avoid areas of concern. When it comes to the health and well-being of our guests and crew, we are uncompromising. 

Just today, we undertook the very difficult decision to eliminate ports of call in Italy from six of our April and May itineraries. We will continue to monitor the situation and make further revisions as necessary, just as we did a few weeks ago with our voyages in Asia. 

In addition to wanting to ensure our guests remain healthy, we also want you to be comfortable and confident when choosing to travel. To help put our guests’ minds at ease, we have just introduced our new Travelers Assurance Program which allows for No-Penalty Cancellations plus the added benefit of a Best Price Guarantee. 

If you are departing between March 10th and September 30th of this year, you may cancel up to 48 Hours prior to departure and we will issue a Future Cruise Credit for 100% value of the cruise fare you paid. 

If you are in the planning process but are hesitating to book due to possible future offers, let our Best Price Guarantee put your mind at ease. If a better amenity-based or pricing promotion becomes available in the marketplace, we will happily provide you with the better promotion or price. 

Complete details on the program can be found here: www.OceaniaCruises.com/Assurance

Travel not only showcases the world, it brings people together and has the power to change lives. Speaking of bringing people together, I am very much looking forward to hosting our annual Oceania Club Reunion Cruise with Neli Arias, our Oceania Club Manager, this June. I know many of you will be there and I’m excited about the exclusive evening event in Istanbul at the Saint Sophia Museum, tasting olive oils and Greek wines in Mykonos and a visit to the Blue Cave in Split. 

As I stated earlier, we want you to feel confident and relaxed when traveling. We’re ready to answer your questions, address your concerns…and help you make travel decisions that make sense for YOU. 

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home as we continue to discover the world together. 

Take care and be well. 

Travel Assurance

• Like 1

Just received this from our TA (here in US):

Good Afternoon,

Please see the notification below from Oceania~

TRAVELERS ASSURANCE PROGRAM 
We are introducing a new Travelers Assurance Program. Guests and travel advisors can now have total peace of mind knowing that should they need to cancel, for any reason, they will not lose a dollar. Guests may cancel up to 48 hours prior to cruise departure and will receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid. 

NO PENALTY CANCELLATIONS: APPLICABILITY AND CONDITIONS 

• Cancel for any reason up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid.
  • Valid for all existing reservations for voyages departing from March 10, 2020 through September 30, 2020.
  • Valid for all new reservations through April 30th for voyages departing from March 10, 2020 through September 30, 2020.
  • Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed within one year of issue and travel must commence by December 31, 2022.

Edited by 1985rz1

To clarify the above..If you are in 25%, (or more) penalty you will have a choice to cancel and get 75%  of your money back OR you can get 100% back in a FCC..you cannot get both..Hope this is clear

Jancruz1

20 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

To clarify the above..If you are in 25%, (or more) penalty you will have a choice to cancel and get 75%  of your money back OR you can get 100% back in a FCC..you cannot get both..Hope this is clear

Jancruz1

Yes...they are two different options: one FCC and the other a partial refund, based on the refund schedule in place at the time. 

That is our current situation.  Correct. We will elect the FCC since we had a large suite booked. It must be elected within one year of issue. Thus it doesn’t pay to declare early....wait until you are 72 hours away from sailing....could buy you a couple more months. Viking has a two year time period for the FCC and less restrictions. 

3 hours ago, ffnole said:

That is our current situation.  Correct. We will elect the FCC since we had a large suite booked. It must be elected within one year of issue. Thus it doesn’t pay to declare early....wait until you are 72 hours away from sailing....could buy you a couple more months. Viking has a two year time period for the FCC and less restrictions. 

Viking may be 2 years, but according to the below, Oceania is more than 2 years,

Quote: "Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed within one year of issue and travel must commence by December 31, 2022."

By "redeemed," I understand that to mean "booked" within one year....for a cruise departing no later than December 31, 2022.

• Like 1

We received this notification today as well... we are booked on a 20 day cruise in September 2020 ... so this has made the  decision whether to cancel right now or wait a whole lot easier right now knowing that we will be very well looked after by Oceania.

Much appreciated and thank you Oceania.

May I ask who you received this notification from?

we are in the Uk and have a cruise  booked late July early August, a large proportion  of our ports are in Italy.

However here in the uk we pay large deposits ( slightly over £4000 )  which is non refundable when we book and we have to pay the final balance by the 5th of April. If this is the case we will be very happy. 

July/ August is a quite a way off and In the present circumstances we wouldn’t be over picky regarding ports of call as long as we could get on and off the ship. More ships seem to being refused docking in difference countries every day e.g. the Grand Princess in Southern California ( 2 passengers and 19 crew confirmed cases this morning) and the MSC Opera in Malta.

Source BBC news/ sky news (Mike Pence’s statement)

Due to the almost daily changing circumstances we all now find ourselves in who knows  exactly what the travel advice will be next week never mind in 4 months time.

We are still hopeful that this virus will be like Flu and be nonexistent by the summer bring the world back on to an even keel and ourselves on a ship drinking a martini watching the scenery float by.

5 hours ago, welshfamily said:

May I ask who you received this notification from?

It is  on the  Oceania website  in  USA/Canada 

Have you looked  at the UK site?

15 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Hi

Do you know if the FCC includes flights booked through Oceania and in fact tours etc.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Holiday 24/7 said:

Hi

Do you know if the FCC includes flights booked through Oceania and in fact tours etc.

Thanks

might be different for UK  pax    I would ask your TA  or Oceania UK

JMO

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

might be different for UK  pax    I would ask your TA  or Oceania UK

JMO

We are in the UK and received the same email from Bob Binder so it must apply worldwide.  I cannot imagine in the current circumstances Oceania wanting to alienate any cruiser or country.  Every single one will be vital in the short/medium term.

18 minutes ago, Whiteowl said:

We are in the UK and received the same email from Bob Binder so it must apply worldwide.  I cannot imagine in the current circumstances Oceania wanting to alienate any cruiser or country.  Every single one will be vital in the short/medium term.

I have asked Oceania to clarify and they couldn't tell me neither could my TA who wasn't even aware of the Assurance Program.  The TA was supposed to phone me back today (as Oceania said I had to go through them!) to clarify so that we can make an informed decision of what to do but they haven't - not surprised!

37 minutes ago, Whiteowl said:

True

It may depend on how it was put together

Cruise air  by O  or by the TA?

I read someplace  that sometimes  TA's in the UK   will package air/hotels/tours/cruises   & sell as a package

Of course  the cruise lines also sell  hotel/air/tours as well 

so knowing how those items were bundled  is the key to the refund/fcc

Just saying

1 hour ago, Holiday 24/7 said:

I have asked Oceania to clarify and they couldn't tell me neither could my TA who wasn't even aware of the Assurance Program.  The TA was supposed to phone me back today (as Oceania said I had to go through them!) to clarify so that we can make an informed decision of what to do but they haven't - not surprised!

I will get a clarification  for you..please repeat the exact question you need answered

Jancruz1

21 minutes ago, jo-b said:

I meant the new itineraries for the Med  cruises this year with Italian ports that are being changed. 

They came out yesterday should be on website otherwise give me your date and I will post it for you

Jancruz1