Cancelling my cruise under the new policy, now what about airfare?

DaveOKC

35 minutes ago, parallax said:

Delta and other air lines are waiving the cancellation penalties for March and April flights.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/03/09/coronavirus-travel-airline-change-fees-delta-adds-waivers-flexibility/5002855002/

While that is great, the flight I have an issue with is at the end of our April cruise and departs on MAY 2!!

41 minutes ago, parallax said:

Delta and other air lines are waiving the cancellation penalties for March and April flights.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/03/09/coronavirus-travel-airline-change-fees-delta-adds-waivers-flexibility/5002855002/

Good move. Glad they came to their senses.

JetBlue.... I'm looking at you. 😒

On 3/8/2020 at 2:39 PM, FNSIII said:

Yep...but we booked in January. Not gonna budge for us. Will keep trying though.

Americans new policy on website today.

You don't pay a change fee, for changes within class, but no refund. Decide on your new destination and you are good to go.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp

Reporting my experience today - cancelled May 15 cruise with Delta flights thru flight ease - I got our cruise fare minus $300 but was charged about $400 for the air cancellation BUT that was added to my amount for a FCC with the cruise  line so no "hanging" monies with Delta. I'm fine with $700 FCC.

3 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Good move. Glad they came to their senses.

JetBlue.... I'm looking at you. 😒

Apparently my withering stare did the trick. 😜 All joking aside, I am thankful.

https://www.jetblue.com/travel-alerts

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fee Waiver

Last Updated: 3/10/2020 12:30 p.m. ET

Customers with existing bookings now have additional flexibility. Due to continued concerns about the coronavirus, we will waive change/cancel fees for customers traveling March 10, 2020 through April 30, 2020.

Customers may rebook their flights for travel through October 24, 2020 online in the Manage Flights section of jetblue.com or contact us prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Original travel must have been booked on or before March 10, 2020. Fare difference may apply. For cancellations, funds will be issued as a JetBlue Travel Bank Credit, valid for one year from date of issuance.

Well that was painless. Good job JetBlue.

JetBlue's website took care of it with minimal sputtering. We got all extras directly refunded to our card (extra space seat fee, bag fees) and the fare cost sent to our travel bank for use for up to a year from today.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, DaveOKC said:

While that is great, the flight I have an issue with is at the end of our April cruise and departs on MAY 2!!

Well, American came through for me and allowed me to rebook a domestic US flight in June and even gave me a refund of $25 pp (I think it was tax related but not sure).  THANKS AMERICAN!

Between HAL, Jetblue, Airbnb, and our van service I have had to make a list of monies that should be coming back to me and where they should be going. As they arrive in my accounts, I will be checking them off. It would be really easy to miss stuff considering I was planning and paying for 6 of everything and had made all final arrangments. What a mess.

23 hours ago, suec12 said:

Reporting my experience today - cancelled May 15 cruise with Delta flights thru flight ease - I got our cruise fare minus $300 but was charged about $400 for the air cancellation BUT that was added to my amount for a FCC with the cruise  line so no "hanging" monies with Delta. I'm fine with $700 FCC.

I am a little confused.  When using Flightease your flight is not actually ticketed until about 45 days prior to embarkation.  Unless you have specifically requested earlier ticketing, something that many of us advise not to ever do, you should have been able to cancel the Flightease booking and receive a refund of the entire cost.

Hank