Anyone know the flexible cancellation policy considering current situation?

Mchoi

I plan to travel with Costa Cruise on this Apr. But my itinerary has two ports of Italy, Bari and Venice. I demand a refund or credit to Costa Cruises as I will not put in risk the safety of my whole family. I have already contacted travel agency, but there was no flexible cancellation policy in Costa.

Many other companies introduced flexible policy(full refund, full credit, change the schedule in 12~15months ). But, where is Costa Cruises? I cannot find this name in the list(https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5151/).... Anyone who know the change or update of cancellation policy of Costa Cruises?

Edited by Mchoi

6 hours ago, Mchoi said:

I plan to travel with Costa Cruise on this Apr. But my itinerary has two ports of Italy, Bari and Venice. I demand a refund or credit to Costa Cruises as I will not put in risk the safety of my whole family. I have already contacted travel agency, but there was no flexible cancellation policy in Costa.

Many other companies introduced flexible policy(full refund, full credit, change the schedule in 12~15months ). But, where is Costa Cruises? I cannot find this name in the list(https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5151/).... Anyone who know the change or update of cancellation policy of Costa Cruises?

There has been no update or change by COSTA Cruises , that is exactly what I'm waiting for too.

Other Carnival subsidiaries such as Holland America and Princess have introduced flexible cancellation 

Got a reply from my TA this week on my Costa cruise, Favoloso from Guadeloupe to Savona Italy embarking on 3/21/2020.  The cruise is still scheduled and anticipates visiting/ending for me in Savona.  I can cancel if I want - because it's less than 30 days before sail date, I forfeit my entire payment but receive my port fees/taxes back.  That's the "Cancellation fees apply" option.   The chart came from my TA. 

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sailcosta.com%

I will reluctantly "choose" the "intent to travel on another date" option and take a FCC valid for one year.   Not much choice here really. 

So sorry to have to miss this trip but I can't afford to get stuck somewhere that I had no intention of going. 

Maybe next time, Europe.

deb 🙂

4 hours ago, dritan said:

These T&Cs seem different from the UK ones where there is a staggered cancellation fees approach even after final payment.

Kindly elaborate on the UK cancellation policy

Yes... there is no change in the UK T&C. It seems that normal T&C is applied till now to guests from the UK.

Above chart for flexible cancellation policy is for USA, right? Why is there a difference by the booking location?

I phoned up to cancel my cruise in May.  Final payment due 19/3.  The person I spoke to said I could have up to 21 days beforehand to decide and the only penelity was £50 pp if I cancel before 21 days.  He said he changed it on my booking.  Or I can apply all my deposit to another cruise if I knew which one I wanted.  

Glad you got offered some flexibility. I believe the 21 days you have been told only applies to cruises which include Italian ports. Costa seem way behind the flexibility policies other cruise lines are bringing in which is a shame. They seem to be sticking to the 45 days to be refunded but lose only £50 per person or you can transfer your payment to a new cruise without this penalty.

Given the uncertainty at the moment, I think most people with cruises departing over the next 2 or 3 months will probably decide to cancel by 45 days and take the penalty.

5 hours ago, Mchoi said:

Yes... there is no change in the UK T&C. It seems that normal T&C is applied till now to guests from the UK.

Above chart for flexible cancellation policy is for USA, right? Why is there a difference by the booking location?

That's because the Costa US website charges much more than the Costa UK website for the exact same cabin in the same Cruise

Edited by drsel