On the Bliss

Mira28

Just heard that NY city will require each passenger to have their temperature taken prior to leaving on Sunday 3/15. Anyone with fever over 100.4 will be asked to stay home ..once leaving the ship assuming they live local. If not they will be quarantined 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, markf said:

Just heard that NY city will require each passenger to have their temperature taken prior to leaving on Sunday 3/15. Anyone with fever over 100.4 will be asked to stay home ..once leaving the ship assuming they live local. If not they will be quarantined 

I believe that is being implemented system-wide for NCL

15 hours ago, markf said:

Just did this in POM on February 22 for MSC Seaside.

I was just informed The Joy does not have a sit down bar in the Observation Lounge, does The Bliss still have a sit down bar in the Observation Lounge?  That was one of our favorite hang outs on a prior cruise.

19 minutes ago, Tutontow said:

I was just informed The Joy does not have a sit down bar in the Observation Lounge, does The Bliss still have a sit down bar in the Observation Lounge?  That was one of our favorite hang outs on a prior cruise.

Absolutely!

On 3/8/2020 at 3:49 PM, Mira28 said:

Boarded the Bliss early this afternoon. We had a great lunch in The Local and are now enjoying drinks in the Observation Lounge, looking out at the New York skyline. 
All was organized and peaceful at embarkation. Friendly crew and nice crowd of passengers. We’re expecting to set sail soon, and expect to have a wonderful cruise.

Will keep posting if possible!

Hi Mira28  how's the cruise? are they cancelling any activities, shows or ports? We are boarding 3/15 ...apparently with about 50-60% capacity. Keep us posted and enjoy your trip!

They disembarked the Europeans in Nassau so they could fly home before the travel ban takes effect so we were late leaving Nassau. 

In other news we saw a hearse pull up to the ship in Nassau, and on the bus to the ship we heard someone got really drunk and fell off deck 10 onto deck 8 so we had to dock early in the morning in Nassau so they could be taken to the hospital. I don’t know all the details but the person was apparently very lucky to have not fallen into the water and may have gotten away with just some broken limbs. 

It’s been a pretty eventful cruise. 

10 hours ago, zooforce said:

Hi Mira28  how's the cruise? are they cancelling any activities, shows or ports? We are boarding 3/15 ...apparently with about 50-60% capacity. Keep us posted and enjoy your trip!

They have heightened sanitation procedures in place, they’re constantly wiping everything down and they’ve taken away all the bar menus. We missed GSC due to wind. 

Edited by tomservo

7 hours ago, tomservo said:

They have heightened sanitation procedures in place, they’re constantly wiping everything down and they’ve taken away all the bar menus. We missed GSC due to wind. 

Sorry to hear you missed GSC! Interesting about disembarking the Europeans. That had to really suck for them!

11 hours ago, tomservo said:

are the shows still going on? All in all are you having a good time despite all of this? 

Have you left the Bahamas ?

this line in the NCL cancellation of all cruses scares me

"Guests on voyages that are underway will conclude and guests will be disembarked as soon as possible and assisted with travel arrangements"

I sure hope they are not leaving you in the Bahamas

50 minutes ago, kevink1955 said:

Have you left the Bahamas ?

this line in the NCL cancellation of all cruses scares me

"Guests on voyages that are underway will conclude and guests will be disembarked as soon as possible and assisted with travel arrangements"

I sure hope they are not leaving you in the Bahamas

We left the Bahamas yesterday.

3 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

We left the Bahamas yesterday.

Good to hear, enjoy the rest of your cruise. I hope all goes smoothly in NYC, the Mayor and Gov have some conflicting ideas about this crisis and combined they could really screw things up

On 3/13/2020 at 11:01 AM, zooforce said:

are the shows still going on? All in all are you having a good time despite all of this? 

Shows are still going on, we saw Six last night and it’s on again tonight. They closed down places like mini-golf, table tennis, the library, etc. Otherwise everything is normal.