So who has decided to cancel?

Reef Knot

In light of the U.S.A. now banning flights from the Schengen area to America how will this pan out for ships arriving at US ports with passengers from the Schengen area?
There is now so much uncertainty that it will be difficult to fully enjoy ourselves. 
What ports will still be open to us? 
Will we be able to disembark in Miami?
Will fights from MIA to UK/EU still be operating? 
Will some sort of self quarantine be imposed on the the ship before allowing us ashore?
What happens if the airline flying us to Manaus cancels the flights, but Seabourn sail from Manaus as scheduled, we would be down as a now show and forfeit our voyage and money paid?

Whilst I’m still committed (just) to our voyage on the Quest from Manaus to Miami I’m becoming less happy about embarking on this trip.I have to say that I’m now hoping that Seabourn cancel this cruise and refund us. I would certainly look forward to sailing with them in better times.

1 hour ago, Reef Knot said:
In light of the U.S.A. now banning flights from the Schengen area to America how will this pan out for ships arriving at US ports with passengers from the Schengen area?
There is now so much uncertainty that it will be difficult to fully enjoy ourselves. 
What ports will still be open to us? 
Will we be able to disembark in Miami?
Will fights from MIA to UK/EU still be operating? 
Will some sort of self quarantine be imposed on the the ship before allowing us ashore?
What happens if the airline flying us to Manaus cancels the flights, but Seabourn sail from Manaus as scheduled, we would be down as a now show and forfeit our voyage and money paid?

Whilst I’m still committed (just) to our voyage on the Quest from Manaus to Miami I’m becoming less happy about embarking on this trip.I have to say that I’m now hoping that Seabourn cancel this cruise and refund us. I would certainly look forward to sailing with them in better times.

I'm in the same boat as you (excuse the pun!) but also on Miami TA to Barcelona.  No idea what this all means...

We have pulled the plug!

Originally booked April 29th Sydney -San Fransisco which was changed to Auckland - San Fransisco. This was not a big deal for us and managed to get cheap business class flights (non refundable) to Auckland with Qantas.

Things have just become so unpredictable and the family were against us travelling so we started the process of cancelling. Surprisingly Qantas have refunded our non refundable tickets and we have transferred our cruise to October 2020 Vancouver - Miami.

Fingers crossed this has settled down by October, if not, I guess we start the process again.

It’s only a matter of time that President Trump will impose this on other nationalities. He has already stated that cruise ship passengers are a high risk so will our ship be allowed to dock at Miami and if so will we be subject to 14 day quarantine? 

Surely Seabourn will now be prompted to make an amendment statement on cancellation policy, but being cynical, they have our money so why should they?

Perhaps we will all, have to stay on board until Barcelona. Free of charge of course. 😆 

9 minutes ago, Joc123 said:

We have pulled the plug!

Originally booked April 29th Sydney -San Fransisco which was changed to Auckland - San Fransisco. This was not a big deal for us and managed to get cheap business class flights (non refundable) to Auckland with Qantas.

Things have just become so unpredictable and the family were against us travelling so we started the process of cancelling. Surprisingly Qantas have refunded our non refundable tickets and we have transferred our cruise to October 2020 Vancouver - Miami.

Fingers crossed this has settled down by October, if not, I guess we start the process again.

You're lucky joe in that you are more than 30 days out.

That option is no longer available to us.

18 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

You're lucky joe in that you are more than 30 days out.

That option is no longer available to us.

Exactly.  The 30 day rule came in almost as it was 30 days before our embarkation, we had no time to absorb this information and, at the time, things weren't so bad.  

2 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

Exactly.  The 30 day rule came in almost as it was 30 days before our embarkation, we had no time to absorb this information and, at the time, things weren't so bad.  

I think I would cancel now if option was available.

We, too (my mom, daughter and myself) are also on the Manaus to Miami cruise. I wasn't really concerned until I heard the CLIA is trying to restrict anyone over 75 from embarking unless with a doctor's note, and my mom is 78, and I honestly cannot see any doctor giving her that note even though she is in good health. This was her cruise (meaning she paid for it), my daughter and I are just along for the ride, so I would feel terrible that she would have to stay home and us still go.

And now that the Odyssey was denied the ability to port in St Barts yesterday, I can see many of those islands just saying nope, sail on, and we will lose half of our itinerary. 

Being forced to stay for quarantine in Miami would effectively destroy my business. 2 weeks is hard enough to juggle, add 2 more and forget it (I own three online businesses, all hand made). 

We have been on many Seabourn cruises and loved them, but at this point I hope they cancel the cruise. 

We fly to Bridgetown, Barbados tomorrow, March 13, from Washington Reagan via Miami.  We board the Odyssey Saturday morning and are on for the 14 day Caribbean cruise plus the transatlantic which ends up at Barcelona where we disembark on April 22.  We fly back to Washington the same day.  We're washing our hands frequently and have sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer which we will deploy liberally.  I am training myself not to touch my face.  We're assuming that Seabourn will be diligent in screening passengers and crew and in cleaning the ship.  Hopefully all the passengers will be following the same preventive measures that we're taking.  We're still excited for the the trip.  Right now, I think staying here in Northern Virginia might be more dangerous than boarding the Seabourn Odyssey.  There are currently 11 cases in Virginia, with a possible two more.  Hopefully, while we're gone, with all the measures being put in place, the spread of the virus will slow.  Time will tell.  My husband is in his 70's and I am 69.  However we are in excellent shape and both run and exercise regularly.  We intend to enjoy our trip to the max and are trying to be diligent without over-reacting.  

• Thanks 1

Btoohill, 

I hope you have a fun and safe cruise. I’m sure the Seabourn crew will do their utmost to keep passengers as safe as is possible within their powers. Just be aware that Vice President Pence announced this morning that Americans returning from the Schengen countries in the next 30 days will be funneled through an an approved airport (likely conveniently Dulles in your case) and then be required to self quarantine for 14 days. Personally that would put quite a pall on my cruise if I had that to look forward to when returning home.  However as you are returning home the April 22 you should be ok- unless the time frame is extended. So much uncertainty right now. 

Edited by Chairsin