Cancel with NCL directly or travel agent

blueflower1968

35 minutes ago, blueflower1968 said:

I used a travel agent to book my cruise, which I will be cancelling for a FCC.  

Do I have go call NCL, or can I call my travel agent directly?

ty 🙂

You will need to go through your TA. 

Can anyone who has done it let me know how long it takes to get the FCC, and what the process is for applying it to an already-booked cruise?

I am in a strange place because I have a cruise booked 3/22 with a travel agent that I intend on cancelling, but I have another cruise booked in August that I booked directly with NCL that I would like to apply the FCC to.  So I think I will have to cancel the March cruise through the travel agent, but then apply the FCC to my direct booking myself (crossing fingers that I will be able to do this -- my family of four has 2 cabins booked in March, so two reservations, and only 1 cabin booked for the four of us in August, so I'm really hoping I'll be able to apply the FCC from both cabins to the one cabin in August).  Ugh, so complicated and I just hope it all works out.  Final payment for the August cruise is in a few weeks, so I hope I will be able to get the FCC and apply it in time.

2 hours ago, blueflower1968 said:

I used a travel agent to book my cruise, which I will be cancelling for a FCC.  

Do I have go call NCL, or can I call my travel agent directly?

ty 🙂

You must call your TA, they own the booking.

Why not transfer the booked cruise to your TA and let him handle the FCC. I recently took a  cruise for which I was given FCC. We got our FCC in mid November - it was applied mid December about 4 wks later. This is probably the cheapest 7 day cruise I have taken - booked just prior to the 30% off sale and while it was still $50.00 deposits, and on the 20% off Latitudes List - double points to boot and the cherry on top was the FCC.

9 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

Why not transfer the booked cruise to your TA and let him handle the FCC. I recently took a  cruise for which I was given FCC. We got our FCC in mid November - it was applied mid December about 4 wks later. This is probably the cheapest 7 day cruise I have taken - booked just prior to the 30% off sale and while it was still $50.00 deposits, and on the 20% off Latitudes List - double points to boot and the cherry on top was the FCC.

You only have 30 days to transfer, so it might be too late.  I was super glad to have a TA when I had to rearrange cruises in January.

13 hours ago, ennjay said:

Can anyone who has done it let me know how long it takes to get the FCC, and what the process is for applying it to an already-booked cruise?

I am in a strange place because I have a cruise booked 3/22 with a travel agent that I intend on cancelling, but I have another cruise booked in August that I booked directly with NCL that I would like to apply the FCC to.  So I think I will have to cancel the March cruise through the travel agent, but then apply the FCC to my direct booking myself (crossing fingers that I will be able to do this -- my family of four has 2 cabins booked in March, so two reservations, and only 1 cabin booked for the four of us in August, so I'm really hoping I'll be able to apply the FCC from both cabins to the one cabin in August).  Ugh, so complicated and I just hope it all works out.  Final payment for the August cruise is in a few weeks, so I hope I will be able to get the FCC and apply it in time.

The email from NCL after it was canceled says it will be available in 7 days.