If You're Old Stay Home

estrawn

On 3/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I do not agree. We are in our 70s and have no problem getting a form signed by our doctor. The synereo is that anyone over the age of 65 are more susceptible of getting te virus. Especially if they have an underlying condition. So I see no reason for those under 65 to get any approval. However, they should be check for where they have previously traveled and if they have a fever. So I see no need to burden everyone.

People over 65 are NOT more susceptible to the virus. They MAY react more if they do get it but it is being shown that there are just as many cases in those under 65 and many of those are in the ICU.

I'm hoping the letter goes away -- the original requirement (and the reason I had to cancel our cruise - which Carnival later cancelled entirely) was that the fit-to-sail letter was for anyone over 70 stating they did not meet any of the required medical criteria (diabetes, heart, kidney or lung disease).  It wasn't just over 70 with conditions under control.  They also said that anyone with any of those conditions would be denied boarding regardless of age.