Upgrade Surprise

Cruise Raider

38 minutes ago, dog said:

Jokes on me. Could not get back to balcony, although it is available for $1100 less then my price. Told to call back in 3 weeks if I still don’t want the mini suite upgrade that is now $660 less then my price. They would not change my price. 

Request a Meta Upgrade, maybe they will put you in a suite! 

I think they are trying to entice people to book. The "better" cabins are cheaper on a lot of sailings. The problem is what Princess considers better is not what I always consider better. It's why we usually say no upgrade, BUT I love the upgrades we've gotten on our two bookings. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dog said:

Jokes on me. Could not get back to balcony, although it is available for $1100 less then my price. Told to call back in 3 weeks if I still don’t want the mini suite upgrade that is now $660 less then my price. They would not change my price. 

i'm missing something - maybe prior posting - but why can't you just cancel and rebook at the current price - or does this have something about a FCC from a prior cruise applied to this one

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

i'm missing something - maybe prior posting - but why can't you just cancel and rebook at the current price - or does this have something about a FCC from a prior cruise applied to this one

also - TA or Princess direct ?

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

I am dealing with 3 cruises 2 cruielines right now. This one I mention is directly through Princess ( had not transfer yet to a TA). $1.00 deposit pp plus dinners, wine, $100.00 OBC pp. in today’s call she would not change it. Would not give me back my balcony cabin still available, not give me price drop for upgraded mii suite or original balcony. Put me on hold after saying this and I was disconnected. 
I did not want to cancel. I have been very positive about Princess. Today, I don’t know what to think. 

16 minutes ago, dog said:

I am dealing with 3 cruises 2 cruielines right now. This one I mention is directly through Princess ( had not transfer yet to a TA). $1.00 deposit pp plus dinners, wine, $100.00 OBC pp. in today’s call she would not change it. Would not give me back my balcony cabin still available, not give me price drop for upgraded mii suite or original balcony. Put me on hold after saying this and I was disconnected. 
I did not want to cancel. I have been very positive about Princess. Today, I don’t know what to think. 

obviously call back and get a different rep/answer … then again, sorry, why not just cancel a $ 1 deposit cruise ??

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

obviously call back and get a different rep/answer … then again, sorry, why not just cancel a $ 1 deposit cruise ??

I did ask to cancel, but she suggested I wait and call back in 3 weeks. She did not mention losing perks. The deposit is now $250 pp and I no longer believe I will be getting the FCC promised for my March cancellation. 
I am not giving them anymore money. They still have my FCD & FCC to return. 

Edited by dog
  • Thanks 1