Pride of America and Star departures canceled this weekend.

teCh0010

1 hour ago, Jezo said:

L3JMjwW.png

I think that compensation is extremely stingy, especially when you consider that most of the passengers for tomorrow’s cruise are either already in Honolulu or en route.

• Like 1

I was just on the roll call for the 3/14 Star cruise. It was cancelled. Does anyone know what the ship will be doing in the meantime? Will it return to Port Canaveral for the cruise due to start on 3/29? If it undergoes deep cleaning before coming to Port Canaveral, it could be the safest ship to get on. I am hoping that they are able to inform people quickly about any decision being made for the cruise due to leave on 3/29. I also realize it may be out of Norwegians hands and decided by a government 

decision that may restrict travel to and from the port.

22 minutes ago, blcruising said:

I imagine Trump will say something similar. It is likely NCL will be forced to cease operations at some point. As testing starts in the US, numbers will increase quickly.

Today’s numbers are already blowing up. 9k worldwide.  The daily high was 15k on Feb 13.  US is spiking as well

5 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

I failed to realize it is from today and the leave tomorrow.  So yes, it's actually bad.

I’m supposed to take my first NCL cruise next month, but I’ve cruised many times on other lines, so I’ve been following this situation pretty closely. This is the Princess compensation plan for their cancelled cruises:

57754DA9-02ED-44C4-BB52-2DD00FDD21B5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Latin America is stepping up which definitely impacts cruises:

"Argentina said it would stop issuing visas to travelers and suspend flights from countries hardest-hit by the virus, including the United States, China, Japan, South Korea and European countries"

https://globalnews.ca/news/6670101/coronavirus-latin-america-travel-ban/

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction

23 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I’m supposed to take my first NCL cruise next month, but I’ve cruised many times on other lines, so I’ve been following this situation pretty closely. This is the Princess compensation plan for their cancelled cruises:

57754DA9-02ED-44C4-BB52-2DD00FDD21B5.jpeg

I cannot believe this was done with just one day's notice.  For our POA cruise in November, we arrived to Oahu on Wednesday.  I can only imagine the chaos this is going to cause.  Wow.

Cindy, my fingers are crossed for you!  

7 minutes ago, Beachiekeen said:

I cannot believe this was done with just one day's notice.  For our POA cruise in November, we arrived to Oahu on Wednesday.  I can only imagine the chaos this is going to cause.  Wow.

Cindy, my fingers are crossed for you!  

Thanks, but I’m not holding out much hope.😢 I would rather they cancel than go and not be able to dock anywhere!

This will be our third NCL cancellation, and the only one that’s out of their control. Think someone’s trying to tell us something?😂

10 minutes ago, Cindy said:

Thanks, but I’m not holding out much hope.😢 I would rather they cancel than go and not be able to dock anywhere!

This will be our third NCL cancellation, and the only one that’s out of their control. Think someone’s trying to tell us something?😂

Well if it's any consolation, I was looking forward to your cruise as much as you! 🙂  J/K of course, but I feel for you.  

Yes, the chance for disruption would be a big concern.  But it's a wonderful cruise to a wonderful place so if you get the chance to rebook, I would.

Edited by Beachiekeen

19 minutes ago, Beachiekeen said:

Well if it's any consolation, I was looking forward to your cruise as much as you! 🙂  J/K of course, but I feel for you.  

Yes, the chance for disruption would be a big concern.  But it's a wonderful cruise to a wonderful place so if you get the chance to rebook, I would.

We’d like to go the end of October, but if we wait that long we will probably have to eat the airline change fees and a hotel cancellation. Our insurance was super expensive, so I’d like to see if I can keep the coverage and just move the policy to the new dates.

2 hours ago, kmchisholm said:

Do you think the declaration of a national emergency is declared and other ports closing will?  Wondering when Bahamas and other ports will shut down to protect their people.....

Canada closed it's cruise ports this morning, till July, east and west ports

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Wow. That’s a surprise. I was taking to friends in Honolulu last night and there is not the mass hysteria that you see in other parts of the country. 

I live in Honolulu and I would certainly say that the mass hysteria is the same here as the rest of the country. Toilet paper, rubbing alcohol,hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes etc are almost impossible to find. Our lieutenant governor wrote to the White House last week requesting all cruise stops in Hawaii be canceled for 60 days.