Radiance of the Seas to New Zealand cancelled....after we board

We are on board the Radiance, cruise #3.  Did the circumnavigation and at last minute decided to stay on for the New Zealand cruise.  Moved stateroom and went to muster.  Thought it strange Captain didn't speak.   Then later he advised us New Zealand closed its ports.  We could either disembark, via walkoff, or via tender tomorrow as they had to leave dock by midnight.  Got us a room at Marriott for tonight and will walk off.  No way I'm going to get off with luggage via tender!  A number of people were planning on staying on for several more months ...to Hawaii or Vancouver.  They can't.   No one is sure what to do or where to go.  No word on compensation except Captain saying Royal will take care of us.  Time will tell.

Yes, my in-laws flew from Perth yesterday to Sydney, boarded today - unpacked - then it was cancelled.

Very disappointing for them.  

I txt'd them this morning that they'd cancelled all US voyages but I said if they got away today they would probably be ok (I think they will stop cruises here in Aus but I thought they might just be ok)

Not to be.  I think they're trying to see about catching the Indian Pacific back, try and salvage something of their holiday. 

Hi Biker

I was thinking about this before.  I'm not at all worried but was curious.  

I've heard of people still getting their C&A points but couldn't remember what the circumstances were.

Under what condition do you think they are sometimes awarded - when people have already boarded?

Our Singapore Quantum cruise has been cancelled and is being refunded.  I would not think we would get our points from that, correct?

Just now, BecAus said:

Under what condition do you think they are sometimes awarded - when people have already boarded?

That's usually the criteria but who knows in this case. There was a similar case with Grandeur (I think she just sat in the harbor overnight before forcing everyone off the next day) a few months ago but don't remember the outcome on that one.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Will be interesting to hear if anyone gets C&A points for this one.

interesting  indeed when addressing a global pandemic and thousands of dollars lost by passengers stranded in Australia.

Rebooked our flight home for tomorrow.  No change fee but $85/pp extra for fare.  Not bad. Just sent our daughter a grocery shopping list. Waiting to hear whether our driver can pick us up.  Hotel loaded with cruise ship passengers. 

Rebooked our flight home for tomorrow.  No change fee but $85/pp extra for fare.  Not bad. Just sent our daughter a grocery shopping list. Waiting to hear whether our driver can pick us up.  Hotel loaded with cruise ship passengers. 

Added:  we had purchased wine at the wine store next to the Marriott on Saturday.  They graciously let us return it this morning for a full refund.