***** MSC: US Cruisers ***

Host Carolyn

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cbfb said:

Can anyone give any first hand advice for which deck/cabins  would be quietest? 

Best choices are 16037, 16039 and 16041 which are not under the YC galley.  16031 technicality is under another YC interior but it's close and may get some noise.   16019, 16023 and 16025 are beneath the galley. 

Deck 18 (non HC) interiors are under the YC pool and pool mechanical room, so actually pretty quiet.  Deck 19 (non HC) are under the One pool bar and grill prep area.  19016 is more under the sundeck restrooms. 

Edited by Até

9 minutes ago, Até said:

Best choices are 16037, 16039 and 16041 which are not under the YC galley.  16031 technicality is under another YC interior but it's close and may get some noise.   16019, 16023 and 16025 are beneath the galley. 

Deck 18 (non HC) interiors are under the YC pool and pool mechanical room, so actually pretty quiet.  Deck 19 (non HC) are under the One pool bar and grill prep area.  19016 is more under the sundeck restrooms. 

Thank you for all the info. I pulled the trigger on 18029. I should have gone with 19016 as cellfree suggested but I was worried with the pool being on deck 20. Now I understand why it is quiet. Next time!! 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:31 AM, Oceans 818 said:

MSC will only status match you once.

Wow, this post has a ton of helpful info for those of us who are new to MSC. 

Would you know, if you dont mind sharing, how long the length of the cruise must be in order for it to count toward status extension?

TIA

Posted (edited)

Every cruise counts with points added to your record.  You are not automatically a member because you have taken a cruise.  You have to join.  My first cruise in 2013 does not count because I wasn’t a member.  Didn’t even know about it then.  By the second cruise, I had joined and status matched to Black Card (Diamond).  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Wow, this post has a ton of helpful info for those of us who are new to MSC. 

Would you know, if you dont mind sharing, how long the length of the cruise must be in order for it to count toward status extension?

TIA

All cruises count towards status, as long as you give them your voyager's club # . I believe points from a cruise can be added after the cruise if you don't give them the #. If you are status matching then just give the # to your TA or if you are booking directly with MSC; just call up customer service and ask to have it added to your booking #. You should still get the discount if you give it prior to sailing and have any points at all. If you have made final payment, I'd call MSC directly and ask them to apply the discount and either refund you the difference or give it to you as OBC.

If they tell you they can't then call again another time and hope to get a different person, who may know what to do. But if you used a TA they have to do it, I believe as everything has to go through them. Pro's and Con's to that.

I am Diamond already, and just went for booking a 7 day cruise. 

As I was booking, I was working thru the book an OV guarantee and hope to get upgraded into a balcony scenrio.  However, the Fantasia didnt have the option to do a guarantee at the Fantastica level.  It only offered guarantee for OV in Bella.  So we will see, if it works to get us bumped to a balcony. 

Also, I was surprised the $398 payment indicated it was refundable until Oct 24.  For some reason, altho I may be mistaken, as MSC isnt our typical line, I thought MSC only did non-refundable. But I also should have taken a screen shot, because no where on my confirmation does it indicate refundable. 

Thank you for your reponse regarding status. 

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Every cruise counts with points added to your record.  You are not automatically a member because you have taken a cruise.  You have to join.  My first cruise in 2013 does not count because I wasn’t a member.  Didn’t even know about it then.  By the second cruise, I had joined and status matched to Black Card (Diamond).  EM

I am pretty sure yo can add your 2013 cruise points to your membership. Email MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com and give them your membership number and past cruise details.

7 minutes ago, JustCruzin77 said:

I am pretty sure yo can add your 2013 cruise points to your membership. Email MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com and give them your membership number and past cruise details.

Good advice, but Essiesmom won't need them as she status matched to Diamond.

9 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

I am Diamond already, and just went for booking a 7 day cruise. 

As I was booking, I was working thru the book an OV guarantee and hope to get upgraded into a balcony scenrio.  However, the Fantasia didnt have the option to do a guarantee at the Fantastica level.  It only offered guarantee for OV in Bella.  So we will see, if it works to get us bumped to a balcony. 

Also, I was surprised the $398 payment indicated it was refundable until Oct 24.  For some reason, altho I may be mistaken, as MSC isnt our typical line, I thought MSC only did non-refundable. But I also should have taken a screen shot, because no where on my confirmation does it indicate refundable. 

Thank you for your reponse regarding status. 

My experience is that if I book Bella Guarantee, I have gotten at least a category upgrade. So an OV would be a potential Jr. Balcony. But after final payment they usually offer the bid upgrades, so if a balcony is key then you could possibly get a better price, but with the bidding it isn't Fantastica, if you booked Bella and not always a better price.

Unless you plan on a lot of room service, not much difference, between Bella & Fantastica. Assuming that you are puchasing your cruise with the all in. Which is a better price than purchasing the drink package seperately.

The only non-refundable deposits I believe are for Yacht Club and I think World. The refunds are in the terms & conditions. For a regular booking the deposit is 100% refundable until final payment is due. Then everything starts prorating. Refunds can take up to 60 days.

56 minutes ago, JustCruzin77 said:

I believe I asked once and was told no, I wasn’t a member then.  But at the rate I’m going, I’ll be double diamond soon.  EM

5 hours ago, Oceans 818 said:

My experience is that if I book Bella Guarantee, I have gotten at least a category upgrade. So an OV would be a potential Jr. Balcony.

We are going to roll the dice as you do.  For the price, even if not upgraded the value would defintely be there. We typically dont bid for a higher room.  We simply book the room we want at the beginning based on the "greatest value" to us for that cruise.  If you get an upgraded on their dime, than icing on the cake. 

This is great info to have, that you have shared.  So thank you again!!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2024 at 6:08 PM, Lulu_cruises said:

Hi! Does anyone have a link to the US Plusgrade site where I can see if I am eligible to bid for an upgrade? I can only find links to the Canadian and UK sites. Thanks! 

As EM said, I believe after you have to wait for an invite on the US site. After paying in full they start sending out upgrade offers on the US site. Usually for us it's been a week to 10 days after final payment.

Bid upgrade section is fairly new to the Canadian site. Since the new year, I think.

• 1 month later...

We are sailing on MSC Seashore our of Port Canaveral over Christmas Break and will be celebrating Christmas eve and morning on board. Does anyone know if MSC does any theme night or special nights on Christmas cruises and what those nights are? 

17 hours ago, thepants said:

We are sailing on MSC Seashore our of Port Canaveral over Christmas Break and will be celebrating Christmas eve and morning on board. Does anyone know if MSC does any theme night or special nights on Christmas cruises and what those nights are? 

Hi, they did the special Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve in the MDR. Many people were dressed in fancy dinner wear but there were also quite a few in themed PJ's. The PJ wearers were seen alot over the 2 days. There was a Xmas parade with Santa. There were presents, but I'm not sure if they were provided by the parents or if MSC does something for young children. We didn't attend the parade as we had no children with us and did our own thing. For us we were docked in Honduras on Xmas. You will be at sea and will most likely have the special dinner on Xmas, with the parade.

You can try calling Customer Service or emailing MSCexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com They could probably give you specific details for your cruise. I would email as they will give you the best answer and probably have more specific details rather than a CS operator whom may or maynot have access to the information. 

Enjoy your cruise.