Anyone on the 1/31 Divina sailing get sick when you got home?

QueenofEverything

We both got sick as soon as we got home with what was diagnosed as bronchitis.  Not sure that it wasn't, but the timing is really suspicious and neither of us has ever had anything like this.  All the symptoms of corona except the fever.  We each just had just a touch of fever for a day or two, but a horrendous cough and felt horrible. We are still coughing a little and it is over a month later.  This was a little before everything went crazy so I'm not sure they were looking for corona nor did they have testing capability.  They did strep and flu tests and both were negative.  I don't know if we had corona, but it would be nice to know one way or the other.  If we already had it, then we wouldn't have to worry so much about catching it.  

I was not on the Divina ship but I was on Princess Regal disembark on 1/26.  About 3 days later I started getting sick cough, fever on and off, super tired, and my oxygen saturation dropped to 83-84%(normal 100%-90%) with climbing 1 flight of stairs ( I am a retired nurse and I have a oxygen saturation device at home)  So after 10 days of being sick I went to my Dr. he stated it was sinus infection and bronchitis started on antibiotics and steroid dose pack and I got better. I have had bronchitis and sinus infections before and I never felt this sick or had gotten short of breath before.  My husband also got the same thing but not as sick as me.   Both me and my husband think we had the corona virus before it was detected in the US.

Edited by sandyoftheseas

Interesting...We got off Carnival Magic in FLL on 1/26.  We had a long wait in FLL airport.  the next day I started with a cough.  I had been running a strange sinus problem since early Dec.  I ended up with the cough, near bronchitis and a bad cold, deaf in right ear for a couple of weeks.  I too wondered...  EM

3 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

I was not on the Divina ship but I was on Princess Regal disembark on 1/26.  About 3 days later I started getting sick cough, fever on and off, super tired, and my oxygen saturation dropped to 83-84%(normal 100%-90%) with climbing 1 flight of stairs ( I am a retired nurse and I have a oxygen saturation device at home)  So after 10 days of being sick I went to my Dr. he stated it was sinus infection and bronchitis started on antibiotics and steroid dose pack and I got better. I have had bronchitis and sinus infections before and I never felt this sick or had gotten short of breath before.  My husband also got the same thing but not as sick as me.   Both me and my husband think we had the corona virus before it was detected in the US.

If antibiotics made you better then you didn’t have corona which is a virus. Antibiotics only work against bacterial infections.

36 minutes ago, mafig said:

I almost always get a cough after a cruise.  Especially if it's a winter cruise.

Same here. It's happened twice most recently on the Mera and previously on Celebrity. I really think it has to do with the season and flying.

1 hour ago, sandyoftheseas said:

WonderMan3-    I had been sick for 2 weeks when the antibiotics "started working".  Of course I don't know if it was bacterial and the antibiotic worked or the virus  just ran it's course.

Was just going by what you wrote: "So after 10 days of being sick I went to my Dr. he stated it was sinus infection and bronchitis started on antibiotics and steroid dose pack and I got better."

2 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

WonderMan3-    I had been sick for 2 weeks when the antibiotics "started working".  Of course I don't know if it was bacterial and the antibiotic worked or the virus  just ran it's course.

According to what you describe, it seems you have been properly diagnosed by your doctor. If he said it was sinus and bronquitis and the antibiotics did a their job, then this is what it was. 
Since you seem to be preoccupied about Coronavirus, be careful now in your surroundings. It does not seem as if you have catch it on the Divina.

8 hours ago, QueenofEverything said:

If we already had it, then we wouldn't have to worry so much about catching it.  

This isnt necessarily true.  There have been cases if someone getting it twice.  Please dont let yourself have a false sense of security.