Azamara Cruisers - How are things where YOU are

Grandma Cruising

1 hour ago, blag said:

Thanks. 

Looking forward to some 'community-building' when I ask stuff about planning my road trip from Miami to New York!

I'd be happy to help.  This is the right thread on the Azamara forum, and we have a lot of US community members who have relevant experience [including yours truly, as a NYer who has driven down I-95 to Florida or I-81 to Alabama many times].

You might also want to check out the Cruise Critic East Coast Departures [for the northern part of your journey], Florida Departures [for the southern part], and if you want to venture a little further west, the Gulf Coast Departures forums.

But truth be told, Cruise Critic isn't the ideal place to get advice about a land tour, since there are a lot of places that aren't cruise ship home ports.  For that, I rely on TripAdvisor [our owner, although that wasn't how I found it].

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'd be happy to help.  This is the right thread on the Azamara forum, and we have a lot of US community members who have relevant experience [including yours truly, as a NYer who has driven down I-95 to Florida or I-81 to Alabama many times].

You might also want to check out the Cruise Critic East Coast Departures [for the northern part of your journey], Florida Departures [for the southern part], and if you want to venture a little further west, the Gulf Coast Departures forums.

But truth be told, Cruise Critic isn't the ideal place to get advice about a land tour, since there are a lot of places that aren't cruise ship home ports.  For that, I rely on TripAdvisor [our owner, although that wasn't how I found it].

Thanks for the tips.

We will be disembarking an Azamara cruise in Miami. This will be the first time that we will be using Azamara's airport transfer service. We usually stay at least one night before our flights, so the service has not been of interest to us. We have suggested 09:00 as a transfer time, with the intention to pick up a rental car at the airport.

Have you disembarked from an Azamara ship in Miami? If so, are you able to provide some insight as to how the process works, please. 

1 hour ago, blag said:

Have you disembarked from an Azamara ship in Miami? If so, are you able to provide some insight as to how the process works, please. 

No, not an Azamara ship.  And also not heading to the airport [we had our car parking at a hotel, ready to continue the snowbird trip.  So can't help there.

It might be worth starting a new thread in this Azamara forum.  Make sure you mention Azamara in the thread title and the first post – that will help me protect it from anyone moving it to the Florida forum [I understand why you want Azamara experience and not, say Carnival...]  

Just now, Host Jazzbeau said:

No, not an Azamara ship.  And also not heading to the airport [we had our car parking at a hotel, ready to continue the snowbird trip.  So can't help there.

It might be worth starting a new thread in this Azamara forum.  Make sure you mention Azamara in the thread title and the first post – that will help me protect it from anyone moving it to the Florida forum [I understand why you want Azamara experience and not, say Carnival...]  

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, blag said:

Not entirely sure what this has to do with Cruising, though.

I'd suggest you keep off this thread if that is how you feel. It was started during the pandemic as a way for members of this community to keep in touch whilst not being able to travel. It's continued as an off topic area for continued chat. About anything. If you read back there are many topics including sugar substitutes!  Not sure who your dig is aimed at either. 

Phil 

14 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'd suggest you keep off this thread if that is how you feel. It was started during the pandemic as a way for members of this community to keep in touch whilst not being able to travel. It's continued as an off topic area for continued chat. About anything. If you read back there are many topics including sugar substitutes!  Not sure who your dig is aimed at either. 

Phil 

Ouch.

I had not realised in which topic/thread this had been posted. 

My apologies.

But you will note that I responded, helpfully, I think.