FCC - length of cruise - not all used?

Treacher1

We are booked on a 10 day cruise with Summit - if we apply the FCC to a future 7 day cruise and that 7 day cruise is a lower price  -  do we lose the rest of the FCC - or can we use on yet another future cruise?  Hope that makes sense - and you understand my question?  Or should I just take a cash refund?  Any opinions appreciated.

1 minute ago, Treacher1 said:

We are booked on a 10 day cruise with Summit - if we apply the FCC to a future 7 day cruise and that 7 day cruise is a lower price  -  do we lose the rest of the FCC - or can we use on yet another future cruise?  Hope that makes sense - and you understand my question?  Or should I just take a cash refund?  Any opinions appreciated.

The official answer is yes, you will get another FCC for the balance. Nevertheless, I would take my money and run if possible, as rules for refunds and the use of FCC seem to be in a state of constant flux.

Q: Can I use the Future Cruise Credit across multiple itineraries, or does it have to be used for a single booking?

A: If the cruise fare on the new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit value, you will be responsible for the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the Future Cruise Credit value, a new Future Cruise Credit will be issued for the balance, which can be applied toward an additional cruise with us.