Question about Seabourn Flight Ease

wesport

Has anyone had their airfare increase when making final payment?  Lurking on HAL, the word is no one has. Just curious about Seabourn as they use the same platform. I have a July cruise with great pricing on business, and am not sure I should book the flight section. 

17 minutes ago, wesport said:

Has anyone had their airfare increase when making final payment?  Lurking on HAL, the word is no one has. Just curious about Seabourn as they use the same platform. I have a July cruise with great pricing on business, and am not sure I should book the flight section. 

All I can tell you is this:  For our last cruise on SB, we did not immediately book our flights through SB.  While they quoted our TA prices for the flights, we were continuing to do our own flight research.  At that particular time, the SB quote was much better than we or our TA could find on our own.  So---we went back to SB---and the new  quoted prices for flights were slightly higher. I don't remember now HOW much higher, but I want to say it was something like $200/ea.  We were told at the time of the first quote that it was only valid for a certain period of time.  

I am glad we had Seabourn flight ease on our cruise recently on the Encore which was cut short midway through the cruise.

We just went down to Seabourn Square and the lady just clicked our cabin with the new flights just appearing while all the other passengers who organized their own flights were trying to get hold of their TAs and airlines. We would have had to try to get the airline book a new flight from Adelaide to New Zealand then to cancel our flight from Sydney to New Zealand if we could even get hold of the airline. We did see lots of very frustrated passengers trying to re book flights on their own.

Just a thought to think about in the future

We just cancelled our flight ease flights and cruise (a replacement for another cancelled cruise in Feb).

I doubt that the situation will be any different in July and we were approaching our free cancellation deadline. 

We were reluctant to cancel as the fares through SB were excellent. The quote said, cancel by April for free cancellation and to avoid fees. 

Edited by ab21au