HAL, please learn from RCCL

mkkao924

11 hours ago, PSR said:

You will get most of it as a cash refund if you cancel now. I just cancelled our June 1 cruise on the Maasdam on Tuesday, the 24th. My wait time on the phone was about a minute (about 4pm PDT). We are getting back a cash refund less the deposit, which will be a FCC. The agent said to allow 14 days for the refund (I suspect it will be a bit longer).

Our 50% penalty date was March 31, so we were getting a bit worried. It appears now that if we passed that we would've gotten 50% as a FCC, and 50% as cash, based on what we got pre-penalty. That was not made clear in the email from HAL extending the cancellation special terms to cruises before July 31. We decided to cancel, even though there may be bennies to wait for HAL cancellation. At this point, with all that's going on, we wanted a cash refund rather than a lot of FCC.

We really wanted to go on the cruise, but hopefully we will get another chance.🙂

Yes unfortunately we were hoping to get our deposit back as a cash refund too but we cannot wait much longer for HAL to take the initiative.

Us too...this was supposed to be our First big extended family vacation, including my 95 year old grandfather. probably won’t be able to do it again. ☹️

4 hours ago, dave34 said:

I afraid  there are two things In play with HAL , they are hoping to get a bale out from the government before they make any refunds, or they will file bankruptcy and there will be no refunds. They owe me 12 thousand, I feel I will be lucky to see it. I’m lucky that I’m still working but a lot people are not and  could use their money back. 

I assume you paid with a credit card. Wouldn't the credit card company make you whole if the services you paid for were not provided?

4 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Yes unfortunately we were hoping to get our deposit back as a cash refund too but we cannot wait much longer for HAL to take the initiative.

Us too...this was supposed to be our First big extended family vacation, including my 95 year old grandfather. probably won’t be able to do it again. ☹️

I understand your situation now...you probably have a larger deposit than we (2 persons), and do not want the FCC for a deposit refund, but cash instead, and that only occurs if HAL cancels your cruise. As least that's how it has been going so far.

18 hours ago, PSR said:

I understand your situation now...you probably have a larger deposit than we (2 persons), and do not want the FCC for a deposit refund, but cash instead, and that only occurs if HAL cancels your cruise. As least that's how it has been going so far.

Yep...13 people in our group so quite the deposit...😒