July 18 Upgrade Offer - Do I take it?

SRQbeachgirl

We're booked for July 18 on Breeze to Western Caribbean in a balcony on Deck 11 (it's not a Spa cabin) for me, DH and DS-21). Got an upgrade offer for cabin #7333 Ocean Suite for an additional $422. We've never had a suite, so this is tempting as it's always hard for all three of us to be on the balcony at the same time.

So...do we take it (assuming our cruise will still happen)? 

Also, does anyone know if we would have to pay the additional fare now, or does it just get added onto our balance (final payment due June 18)?

6 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

I would do a mock booking and see if there is a savings.

5 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Have you done a mock booking to see what the suite costs compared to your cabin?

Yes, a mock booking would cost an extra almost $900 over and above the upgrade offer amount, so it seems like a good deal.

Any input on whether we pay the upgrade now or later?

Edited by SRQbeachgirl

1 minute ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Yes, a mock booking would cost an extra almost $900 over and above the upgrade offer amount, so it seems like a good deal.

Any input on whether we pay the upgrade now or later?

I presume  you would not have to pay more as the deposit amount, which is usually non refundable the only amount you are required to pay before final payment is not more for suites than other cabins. 

If you accept the offer online and additional payment is required you don’t have to follow through with the upgrade. I wouldn’t want to pay more now either, my cruise sails July 25th and I was very relieved to get the final payment moved to June 25th. 

28 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We're booked for July 18 on Breeze to Western Caribbean in a balcony on Deck 11 (it's not a Spa cabin) for me, DH and DS-21). Got an upgrade offer for cabin #7333 Ocean Suite for an additional $422. We've never had a suite, so this is tempting as it's always hard for all three of us to be on the balcony at the same time.

So...do we take it (assuming our cruise will still happen)? 

Also, does anyone know if we would have to pay the additional fare now, or does it just get added onto our balance (final payment due June 18)?

That's my birthday so yeah I say take it lol. 

Sounds like a good deal, I'm sure your son would also like the extra space.  After all that's been going on and it's in your budget, why not splurge and treat yourself.   Mid summer and when pools are crowded that extra balcony space will be nice 😎