Shore excursion refund

unclegrandpa

I booked several shore excursions, and the cruise got canceled. I did receive the future cruise credit but nothing for the shore excursions. Am I supposed to get the money back for those?

Also the letter from Norwegian was saying the future cruise credit was going to be valid through December 2022. The credit I received is only valid for one year. Did anyone else have this issue?

Yes, you should get the shore excursions money back.  RCI took 2 weeks to return to me, how long ago was your cruise cancelled?  You should be able to email them about any other prepaid expenses also being refunded.  I did not have any NCL cruises cancelled, but there should be a way to contact NCL through MyCruise.  RCI sent me immediate auto responses telling me they got my message, get back to you soon.

Call the shore excursion desk directly.  On the NCL website, go to the bottom.  Find the contact us link and then the shore excursion number.   After I have booked and paid for my excursions for our Panama cruise last February, I ended up making an adjustment on my overall booking to get the shore excursion credit.  So, my agent cancelled my existing excursions, and rebooked them so they were on my onboard account and could be paid after the cruise.   I was suppose to get a refund of the prepaid excursions.  After watching my credit card over 6 weeks, I finally called the shore excursion desk.  The representative could see that the cancellation was there, but the refund had not yet been "released".   She was able to take care of that and the refund showed up within days.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unclegrandpa said:

I booked several shore excursions, and the cruise got canceled. I did receive the future cruise credit but nothing for the shore excursions. Am I supposed to get the money back for those?

Also the letter from Norwegian was saying the future cruise credit was going to be valid through December 2022. The credit I received is only valid for one year. Did anyone else have this issue?

I think you need to re-read the letter. The FCC is valid for one year from the date of issuance and can be applied (need to apply within one year of issuance) to any cruise bookings for cruises that depart on or before Dec 31 2022.

• Like 1

If you opted for the FCC it will (should) include shore excursions.

If you filled in the form for a refund the total amount will go back to the original form of payment within 90 days.

That's how I read the FAQs, and I can confirm that our shore excursions were included in the FCC.

How it is split between booked passengers seems to differ, according to posts on this board.

We had 4 passengers including 2 teens, FCC went to each person, amount being that person's cruise fare, taxes and fees,  and whatever was purchased and applied to their name.

4 hours ago, unclegrandpa said:

Can you use the future cruise credit to book shore excursions or can you only use it to book a cruise?

Well that's a contentious issue....

We were told that the 25% bonus FCC cannot be used towards shore excursions, it can only go towards the cruise fare, so if you are guest 3 or 4 and they have a sale where 3rd and 4th guest are "free" on the new booking, you cannot use that 25% bonus on that cruise, not even towards taxes, port fees, or anything else. It is left in your account for another cruise. The remaining 100% FCC from the 3rd and 4th person can be applied to the new booking.

That is our experience up to this point.  We are hoping, and others on these boards have been told, that anything left over from the FCCs can be used for shore excursions.

Interestingly we just moved our July 26th Alaska Bliss sailing to July 17th 2021 and both our agent and an NCL cust services rep said our shorex was to be refunded

I then got an email from NCL saying it wasnt and that those bookings formed a part of the FCC. I was on the phone to them for an hour and eventually spoke to a supervisor who said that was indeed the terms of the Peace of Mind Guarantee. So as it stands I have paid for a cruise this year that will not be sailing and Shorex and NCL is taking all that as FCC onto the booking next year - which is £1000 less than this year because of the discounts AND i CANNOT use the FCC to book any shore excursions and have to start again with he balance being written down as remaining FCC. I may not cruise again for another 2 years and so this money is lost!!

I am waiting for my TA to speak with NCL and the NCL cust serve is talking to "Finance" on Monday as this is grossly unfair!!!

A change was made to our accounts yesterday, the 25% bonus FCC for our teens (3rd and 4th guests) was transferred into our accounts (1 each to 1st and 2nd guest). Our TA said that NCL did this as a bulk transfer, so others may find the same.

So we are assuming that we can apply those 25% bonus FCCs to the cruise fare (since that's apparently their rule), leaving a surplus in our 100% FCC after we pay for the new booking. We hope to use the surplus for shore excursions, since that's what others have been told.

Well that's a contentious issue....
We were told that the 25% bonus FCC cannot be used towards shore excursions, it can only go towards the cruise fare, so if you are guest 3 or 4 and they have a sale where 3rd and 4th guest are "free" on the new booking, you cannot use that 25% bonus on that cruise, not even towards taxes, port fees, or anything else. It is left in your account for another cruise. The remaining 100% FCC from the 3rd and 4th person can be applied to the new booking.

That is our experience up to this point.  We are hoping, and others on these boards have been told, that anything left over from the FCCs can be used for shore excursions.

Did they say whether gratuities from the free beverage and specialty restaurant packages were in FCC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

5 hours ago, mom4bears said:

Did they say whether gratuities from the free beverage and specialty restaurant packages were in FCC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did not have those options, but from what I have read those gratuities should be part of your FCC, along with prepaid daily service charges and shore excursions.  They gave us 25% bonus on those as well as on the cruise fare and taxes, fees.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:34 PM, unclegrandpa said:

Can you use the future cruise credit to book shore excursions or can you only use it to book a cruise?

Never heard of that. If I am not mistaken, these credits are only on board usable (bars, restaurants, clubs and etc). These credits are basicly virtual money to use on board to get food and drinks. Never heard of anyone using it for booking excursions or anything. I think, some cruisers do offer it but I would better ask the cruise agent just to be on the safe side. Also, dont rely on these credits too much. I am sure you will have to use actual money anyway, so save up in any case

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Never heard of that. If I am not mistaken, these credits are only on board usable (bars, restaurants, clubs and etc). These credits are basicly virtual money to use on board to get food and drinks. Never heard of anyone using it for booking excursions or anything. I think, some cruisers do offer it but I would better ask the cruise agent just to be on the safe side. Also, dont rely on these credits too much. I am sure you will have to use actual money anyway, so save up in any case

That is incorrect.  Look in your account, beside the FCC it specifically states "Onboard Credit Not applicable", and in NCLs FAQs it states that FCC can be used for purchases other than onboard credit.