Differences Among Suites

Floridastorm

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Also, does anyone know which cabins actually have bathtubs on the Koningsdam?  I was shocked to see the Vista Suites only with showers.

They are great showers!  Great pressure, constant temperature and no need to step over the bath tub side to get in. Also, a large cubicle, so no plastic shower curtain sticking to your back.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2020 at 4:28 PM, Gigi1977 said:

Here is my take. . . There is not enough difference in the veranda and Vista to book a Vista UNLESS you need the double Mariner Days to reach status.  In that case only would I book a Vista over regular balcony.  I have been in both.   

Does anyone know if this is also the case between a Lanai and Vista on the Rotterdam? Scheduled for Trans-Atlantic in October. We took an oceanview because it was right by the door to the  promenade deck and the oceanviews didn’t look much smaller, if at all, than the lanai cabins. With the impending cancellation of my Alaska cruise I’ve been toying with taking FCC and upgrading to a vista suite on this October cruise.

24 minutes ago, Reagan0712 said:

Does anyone know if this is also the case between a Lanai and Vista on the Rotterdam? Scheduled for Trans-Atlantic in October. We took an oceanview because it was right by the door to the  promenade deck and the oceanviews didn’t look much smaller, if at all, than the lanai cabins. With the impending cancellation of my Alaska cruise I’ve been toying with taking FCC and upgrading to a vista suite on this October cruise.

If it says 'suite' then it is double mariner points providing the suite is booked at a published price (not an upsell).

53 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

If it says 'suite' then it is double mariner points providing the suite is booked at a published price (not an upsell).

Thanks. I understand that. I was inquiring about room size difference.

8 minutes ago, Reagan0712 said:

Thanks. I understand that. I was inquiring about room size difference.

Ooops! Sorry!

I have only sailed Rotterdam once and in a Vista suite.  It was fine.  I would not book a Lanai as it does not have its own verandah but opens on to the promenade deck.  You have reserved sun loungers.

1 hour ago, Reagan0712 said:

between a Lanai and Vista on the Rotterdam?

The Vistas are approximately 4 feet longer than the Lanais. Same width.

The OVs on the Lower Prom deck are the same length as the Lanais, which is about 2 ft shorter than the OVs on the Main and Dolphin decks.

Edited by catl331

12 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

They are great showers!  Great pressure, constant temperature and no need to step over the bath tub side to get in. Also, a large cubicle, so no plastic shower curtain sticking to your back.

ok,  I'll tell my hubby no reading/soaking!  I don't mind but he is a soaker.

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes, double Mariner points for booking a 'Suite".

Edited by Sharon in AZ

According to the HAL website that has configurations of the cabins, Oceanview Cabins on the Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam seem to have different types of windows pictured. One type has a typical OV window which is smaller than a standard window. Another type has a full standard window. A third type seems to have a floor to ceiling window. Any idea on this and how to choose a specific type?

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=2629

2 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

According to the HAL website

Don't go by the generic diagrams or pictures you see on the HAL site.  Use halfacts.com to look at actual pictures of specific cabins.  I believe that on the Pinnacle ships only the Main deck OVs and the forward-facing ones on decks 10 and 11 have the small windows, and everything else is floor-to-ceiling. 

Here is one on the Main deck  https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/1095-koningsdam/

edit: the first few pics on the link you posted are for 11002 and 10002. These are forward-facing, and I believe those windows are larger than the Main deck OV windows.

Edited by catl331

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

I see in the link you posted that the four E cabins on deck 4 (4037>4040) have the f-2-c if that's what you want.

Cabin 4039 seems to be an OV with a floor to Ceiling window like a balcony has except without the balcony. Didn't know that they had this type of OV cabin. I wonder, if and when booking on the HAL website, you can easily identify this type of cabin?

17 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Didn't know that they had this type of OV cabin.

On the Pinnacle class there's only those four. On the Signature class all of the G/H/HH are that way.

18 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

I wonder, if and when booking on the HAL website, you can easily identify this type of cabin?

No.  It's best to ask here about specific cabins.

I can only comment on Neptune suites. We have always had aft NS on 4 different ships. The koningsdam was the worse. Very small and stupid configuration with the tv over the sofa. Sometimes we like to watch a movie after dinner and that was near to impossible...my favorite was the oosterdam: large and very comfortable...next favorite was the volendam.  I loved having a closed off dressing/vanity area with a walk in closet. I get up earlier than my husband and it was nice to dress in exercise clothes without waking him...the eurodam suite was also small and the decor was dark and not pleasant 

On 4/2/2020 at 12:33 AM, Sharon in AZ said:

Yes, double Mariner points for booking a 'Suite".

But I don’t think Lanai cabins are seen as suites as mentioned by an earlier poster.

On the Rotterdam deckplans they are listed under the ocean view staterooms, category CA.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cheekyrn1 said:

I can only comment on Neptune suites. We have always had aft NS on 4 different ships. The koningsdam was the worse. Very small and stupid configuration with the tv over the sofa. Sometimes we like to watch a movie after dinner and that was near to impossible...my favorite was the oosterdam: large and very comfortable...next favorite was the volendam.  I loved having a closed off dressing/vanity area with a walk in closet. I get up earlier than my husband and it was nice to dress in exercise clothes without waking him...the eurodam suite was also small and the decor was dark and not pleasant 

It seems that all of the suites, on both the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam with the exception of the Pinnacle, have the TV over the back of the Couch. However the cabins from Verandah on down have the TV positioned correctly so that it can be seen from the bed or the couch. Who in the world, at HAL, approved the over the couch design? The Neptune Suites, on the Oosterdam and Volendam, are the same size 380 square feet as the Koningsdam, however you're correct that those ships have the separate dressing area off the bathroom where the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam do not. We do like to watch TV sometimes and the positioning of the TV over the Couch would be more than annoying after paying the price for a Neptune Suite.

1 hour ago, Floridastorm said:

We do like to watch TV sometimes and the positioning of the TV over the Couch would be more than annoying after paying the price for a Neptune Suite.

You do have two chairs to watch TV if you don't like to watch from the bed.  I'm curious, where would you put a wall-mounted big screen TV? Over the head of the bed? Many people would not like that either.

Edited by catl331

We were on the Koningsdam 2018, we had a veranda aft on the 4th floor and my parents had the suite aft. Our room was barely smaller and the balcony was almost twice the size. We were on the N.S. this spring and had the HUGE veranda cabin on the 4th floor. That was really great, we decided we love those 4th floor veranda rooms. Perfect location!

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

You do have two chairs to watch TV if you don't like to watch from the bed.  I'm curious, where would you put a wall-mounted big screen TV? Over the head of the bed? Many people would not like that either.

Isn't that what the architects/designers are paid for? As a passenger, paying a bundle for one of the best suites in the fleet, I don't think it is my job to figure that out. If the suite has a comfortable couch to sit on I would not want to sit in a straight back chair for very long. Kind of makes that nice looking couch redundant, does it not? 😊