FCC for cancelled cruises

@Ourusualbeach thought I would check this with you.... 

if I have an FCC worth 2000pp and the new cruise is 1500pp, I should get a new FCC for the residual 500pp.

However another site is saying that you only get the new FCC when the first cruise is completed?  This doesn’t sound right.  Suppose you book 2 quite close together, you would need to do final payment on cruise 2 before you set sail on cruise 1.

So, if you have done full payment on cruise 2 could you then apply the new 500pp FCC to it and get some money back?

thanks 

Edited by little britain

3 hours ago, little britain said:

@Ourusualbeach thought I would check this with you.... 

if I have an FCC worth 2000pp and the new cruise is 1500pp, I should get a new FCC for the residual 500pp.

However another site is saying that you only get the new FCC when the first cruise is completed?  This doesn’t sound right.  Suppose you book 2 quite close together, you would need to do final payment on cruise 2 before you set sail on cruise 1.

So, if you have done full payment on cruise 2 could you then apply the new 500pp FCC to it and get some money back?

thanks 

Yes that is correct.  The new FCC is issued once the first cruise is completed. I would call the 800.256.6649 and ask.  They have been looking at some other issues in a case by case basis and this would seem to be one where they could help.  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes that is correct.  The new FCC is issued once the first cruise is completed. I would call the 800.256.6649 and ask.  They have been looking at some other issues in a case by case basis and this would seem to be one where they could help.  

Cheers. 
Also would the FCC cover the initial deposit already paid; therefore meaning that the new Residual fcc would be lower ; or would the fcc cover balance (less t&f and less deposit) meaning new residual fcc is higher?! 

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Cheers. 
Also would the FCC cover the initial deposit already paid; therefore meaning that the new Residual fcc would be lower ; or would the fcc cover balance (less t&f and less deposit) meaning new residual fcc is higher?! 

What happens when a deposit has been paid is that the deposit money can be reallocated to the taxes and  fees, prepaid gratuities and travel insurance thereby freeing up more of the base fare to allow for more of the FCC to be applied.  

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What happens when a deposit has been paid is that the deposit money can be reallocated to the taxes and  fees, prepaid gratuities and travel insurance thereby freeing up more of the base fare to allow for more of the FCC to be applied.  

Oh no!! We are trying to use it all Up

and that means We will be left with a 3rd fcc credit!!!