No cruises out of NYC in 2020?

Surrealistic

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

The sunrise still might be sailing out of NY. Currently all sailings was removed so the ship can sail at a reduced capacity

You can't be sure about "reduced capacity".   I am booked on the Sunrise....10/7.  Nothing is available in terms of excursions, gifts, etc.  If it were "reduced capacity" I'd think those things would still be there.  My expectation is cancellation.

(I'm waiting for the TA to transfer my booking to something in 2021.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

You can't be sure about "reduced capacity".   I am booked on the Sunrise....10/7.  Nothing is available in terms of excursions, gifts, etc.  If it were "reduced capacity" I'd think those things would still be there.  My expectation is cancellation.

(I'm waiting for the TA to transfer my booking to something in 2021.)

I’m booked on the September 3-7 cruise on Sunrise out of NY and I can still access excursions, gifts, etc.

My May 25th Journey cruise to Bermuda outta NYC (Sunrise) still showing with all excursions etc avail. I don't see it happening, but it's listed if you're booked. The moment Carnival officially canx a cruise, they're on the hook for the refund. So, I see them canx on a month to month basis rather than long range and bein responsible to return all that money at once. Frustrating yeah, but probably good business.

38 minutes ago, CRocks said:

My May 25th Journey cruise to Bermuda outta NYC (Sunrise) still showing with all excursions etc avail. I don't see it happening, but it's listed if you're booked. The moment Carnival officially canx a cruise, they're on the hook for the refund. So, I see them canx on a month to month basis rather than long range and bein responsible to return all that money at once. Frustrating yeah, but probably good business.

It's good business sense in the fact that it helps their cash flow problem in the short run, however, how many customers are now angry with them? And remember these are people who have booked cruises so are more likely to be future customers, Do you really think it is good business sense in the long run to alienate your loyal customer base?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

It's good business sense in the fact that it helps their cash flow problem in the short run, however, how many customers are now angry with them? And remember these are people who have booked cruises so are more likely to be future customers, Do you really think it is good business sense in the long run to alienate your loyal customer base?

LOL, I think everyone's got to do what they got to do! Unlike the government, they can't just print money + pass it around to make everyone smile.

3 hours ago, CRocks said:

LOL, I think everyone's got to do what they got to do! Unlike the government, they can't just print money + pass it around to make everyone smile.

It's one thing that refunds are going to take quite awhile as we have to expect that that part of their operation is having an unprecedented demand. It's quite another thing to be playing chicken with your customers hoping they will cancel before you say the cruise will no longer sail when you and your customers know that it cannot sail. For instance, how could they think anyone would not know that there will not be Alaska cruises when Canada and also Seattle have closed their ports?

• Like 1