Cruising may never be the same again.

djjoe

3 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Thinking about cruising will never be the same... We all can likely remember our first cruise.  We had no experience to draw on and it was all exciting and new.  Well, this is our do over!  The world has produced all kinds of lemons.  We will have ships full of lemons.  Each of us will be helping to make lemonade.  I see a great opportunity to bring back cruising.  It will be different and we can work with RCCL and all the lines to make it great.  All the new cruisers will never know what they did not experience.  Will they know what the "missed".  We have our cruise stories to share at the bar. Now we will all make wonderful new memories.

I really apologize in advance if my response sounds snarky because I don't mean it that way,  but I personally don't think it is my responsibility to help Royal or any cruise line to be great again.  It really is up to them to figure out how to make it work for me and to offer a cruise that is relaxing and worry free.  If they can't do that then count me out - I'm not interested in a totally new experience or one where I will remember what cruising used to be but newbies will think it's great because they  won't realize what they missed. 

If I have to work too hard to remember all of the new rules and regulations then how is that a vacation?  It sounds like what Im doing right now at home and while it is the way I have to currently live I'm not paying thousands of dollars extra to do so.

The new way of cruising, may appeal to those who don't have anything to compare it to, but I suspect that many past cruisers will bolt if it changes too much.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

I see a great opportunity to bring back cruising.  It will be different and we can work with RCCL and all the lines to make it great. 

I'm sure the stockholders will be pleased with your efforts.  As a cruiser, not inspired.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 12:14 PM, zonacruiser25 said:

Control will be the necessary ingredient to get the ball rolling.  Private islands would seem to offer the best chance to control as much as possible.  Works for me if it gets us back at sea!

me too.  We take lots of short cruises every year, so if it gets us back to cruises bring the short cruises on!!

11 hours ago, mek said:

The new way of cruising, may appeal to those who don't have anything to compare it to, but I suspect that many past cruisers will bolt if it changes too much.

No offense taken, we all have different ideas and thoughts.  I do believe much will remain unchanged, if for no other reasons than change usually costs money.  I just do not want to be one of those people that always say "well, on bla bla, it was so much better than this" or just constantly complain because "so much has changed".  Many here on CC have so many wonderful memories of our cruises.  I look forward to having so many more memorable cruises.  I really believe the ship board experience will return to "normal" long before the port experience will.  That may be the big unknown.

Edited by zonacruiser25
spelling