Costa Concordia 2

WorldTraveler151208

A few years ago on a cruise I heard from one of the crew members that there was an idea to build a similar replica of Costa Concordia. I personally do not believe that there was such an idea, probably that were just stupid rumors, but I began to wonder how people would react to such a replica of the unlucky ship. I was on Concordia 2 years before the disaster and I have very good memories from that cruise. I was also considering Msc Fantasia then, since she had almost the same itinerary, but I am very glad that I chose Concordia. Now I wouldn’t be able to see her anymore. She was very colorful and  kitschy, yet it was a nice and comfortable ship. I would love to go on Concordia again, but how about you? Would you go on a cruise with Costa Concordia 2?

Yes, loved that ship, we were on her two cruise prior to the disaster the size & lay-out was to our liking.

Funny the older ships Victoria, Atlantica, Romantica & the wonderful Tropicale were much better than todays huge monstrosities. 

3 hours ago, tenpin said:

Funny the older ships Victoria, Atlantica, Romantica & the wonderful Tropicale were much better than todays huge monstrosities. 

Oh yes, I agree completely.  And this is unfortunately the case in many cruise lines, not only in Costa. I think Concordia Class is the best in Costa's history.  These ships are big enough, but not as crowded as Venezia or Smeralda. They have a beautiful atrium with panoramic elevators, which I miss on newer ships. Atlantica is very nice too. It's very sad, because I like to go on new ships, They are usually nicely furnished, fresh and clean, but the layout and amenities are often much worse than on the older ones. The same can be seen in Msc Cruises, where Fantasia Class is much better than the newer, huge Meraviglia.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 1:09 AM, Bill Miller said:

Perfect, I heard Captain Francesco Schettino is looking for a new ship. God's gift to the marine salvage companies.

Please do not call this Crétin a Captain.

thank you from a real Captain.

ps. May he rot in jail.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...