Northern Europe ports

drlucy12

I am trying to be optimistic.  My cruise is at the end of August.  I think it will be country dependent but a lot can change over the next few months.  Lots of negativity on this board.  If it doesn’t sail, I will reschedule for next year! 

• Like 1

The Covid figures in Russia are now starting to accelerate. I wouldn't be spending my pennies. 

Negativity? Covid has pretty much killed the worlds economy for a good time and created massive debts and unemployment. Let alone all the lost souls. I call it current reality. And this is just round 1. 

Edited by Pushka

Just now, Pushka said:

The Covid figures in Russia are now starting to accelerate. I wouldn't be spending my pennies. 

I am paid in full as this cruise is rescheduled from an earlier date.  I will just wait on Celebrity.  I don’t have anything invested in tours, etc.  

2 minutes ago, drlucy12 said:

I am paid in full as this cruise is rescheduled from an earlier date.  I will just wait on Celebrity.  I don’t have anything invested in tours, etc.  

That's a good plan. I can't see anything happening for a few months yet but fingers crossed for 12 months time. We hope. 

1 minute ago, Pushka said:

That's a good plan. I can't see anything happening for a few months yet but fingers crossed for 12 months time. We hope. 

Cruise lines took a hard hit so I think it will be several months before countries are ready to allow them back into their ports.  However things are changing rapidly and on a daily basis so who knows?? Fingers crossed but I am not hopeful for my cruise.  😢😢

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I don't think one should ever lose hope but it is important to keep in mind that even if a few European ports do open, it doesn't necessarily mean that air travel to get to embarkation will be available.  It's just too soon to tell.

But not too soon for passengers whose final payment is within the next couple of weeks. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pushka said:

But not too soon for passengers whose final payment is within the next couple of weeks. 

Yes, that does pose quite a conundrum.  It would be helpful if the cruise lines would push back final payment dates since they are not readily forthcoming with refunds as a result of cancellations.

Just now, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, that does pose quite a conundrum.  It would be helpful if the cruise lines would push back final payment dates since they are not readily forthcoming with refunds as a result of cancellations.

Unfortunately, all the cruise lines seem to be following the same strategy - cancel in 30 day intervals, right after the final payment.  Cash Flow, poor business, control the number of phone calls??

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

This is why Viking did the right thing. They cancelled ALL their cruises up to June 30, way back in early March. I suspect the June 30 date has now pushed back as well. Gave people time to get refunds from flights and hotels as well, long before the date. 

• Like 1