Refundable OBC - How long should I wait?

Still waiting for ROBC from a Princess cruise we disembarked in Melbourne on 30th January 2020. Luckily it's a small amount but still, it's getting a bit ridiculous. My case was escalated on 1st April & 24th April & still waiting for the promised contact from a Princess Rep. We have been very patient. Does anyone have any recommendations on who I should contact? I have asked to be speak to someone from the Solution Dept but being told they cannot transfer me. 🙄

Any help from the friendly folk on this board would be appreciated.🙂

customerrelations@princesscruises...I found success via email for a cruise that disembarked on 27th December 2019 just last week. An email typically takes a few days for a response. It was aggravating to say the least but ultimately resolved. Add your phone number to your email inquiry and you'll probably get a call. Good luck!

18 hours ago, doenbucket said:

Still waiting for ROBC from a Princess cruise we disembarked in Melbourne on 30th January 2020. Luckily it's a small amount but still, it's getting a bit ridiculous. My case was escalated on 1st April & 24th April & still waiting for the promised contact from a Princess Rep. We have been very patient. Does anyone have any recommendations on who I should contact? I have asked to be speak to someone from the Solution Dept but being told they cannot transfer me. 🙄

Any help from the friendly folk on this board would be appreciated.🙂

Well before the current issues affecting the cruise companies, it took two months for our refundable OBC to come back from Princess. I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.

As an aside (not referring to you), last night on A Current Affair, someone was complaining that a cruise they had booked was cancelled and they were complaining that the refund wasn't in their bank after even one week. A actually made a comment out loud when I heard the report, although I know they couldn't hear me.😁

10 hours ago, modernmind said:

customerrelations@princesscruises...I found success via email for a cruise that disembarked on 27th December 2019 just last week. An email typically takes a few days for a response. It was aggravating to say the least but ultimately resolved. Add your phone number to your email inquiry and you'll probably get a call. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I'll send an email today.👍

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Well before the current issues affecting the cruise companies, it took two months for our refundable OBC to come back from Princess. I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.

As an aside (not referring to you), last night on A Current Affair, someone was complaining that a cruise they had booked was cancelled and they were complaining that the refund wasn't in their bank after even one week. A actually made a comment out loud when I heard the report, although I know they couldn't hear me.😁

I had heard it may take up to 8 weeks, under normal circumstances of course, just need to be a bit more patient. I guess it's caught up with all the other refunds.

Would have loved to have seen the story on a Current Affair. I'm sure I would have had a few not too polite comments for those silly people. We are also waiting for a refund on a cancelled cruise with P&O that I know will take over the 8 weeks stated. 🙁

Good luck, we are still waiting on ours from a mid February cruise, we are not expecting anything for at least another 3 weeks though (3 month mark). If it hasn't come by then, an email will be used to chase it up.

I got off Sapphire Princess on 13 February and received a cheque for my refund of OBC mid March so roughly about 4 weeks.  I also put in a claim for amended airfares home on 27 February and have not heard anything about that.   They say they are doing them in date order but some people on our cruise who put their claim in on 13 March have had it approved.    Realise they have lots of refunds to do but February cruises would be close to the beginning of the queue so had expected something by now.   

The same email I sent to Customer Relations on 4th May was also sent to a Princess Cruise Holiday Planner asking for any assistance they could offer. She replied quite promptly to inform me that the ROBC from my 25th January cruise was refunded on 6th May & I should receive it shortly.

We did not book this cruise with the CHP but she has contacted me previously offering help in bookings or with existing bookings etc. Thought it was worth seeing if she could help.

So, we will wait & see when refund arrives. I will keep you informed.