Health letter gone as of April 29?

When I checked the Royal website notice for health and travel I did saw that the notice about the letter requirement for over 70 was gone. There wasn't any mention of screening for underlying medical conditions prior to boarding. The notice is dated April 29 so I  hopeful that I will be able to cruise even though I have diabetes.

• Like 3

If you go to health protocol section on rcl website they have removed the dr note requirement as well as no sail for those with underlying medical issues; however, it does state they are developing along with government medical authorities and the CLIA a new process.  Not exact words here best to read on their website.  I was not able to copy the paragraph for whatever reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you go to health protocol section on rcl website they have removed the dr note requirement as well as no sail for those with underlying medical issues; however, it does state they are developing along with government medical authorities and the CLIA a new process.  Not exact words here best to read on their website.  I was not able to copy the paragraph for whatever reason.

Well that is great... I was really worried about never sailing again . The only health problem  my husband and I  have is bring over 70. We have a lot of trips  on our bucket list  and a lot of money tied up on future cruises. Thanks for posting. Maybe I'll get a good nights sleep tonight. 

• Like 1

Why the celebration?  It seems to me the only took it down to come up with something else.  That something else may soon show.  But it's not like anyone is cruising anytime soon. So they got time.  

• Like 1

Was in a webinar with Royal today and those restrictions and needed letters were entirely based on recommendations and rules put in place by CLIA.

CLIA dropped those requirements and RCL followed suit.

• Like 1