What to do with an empty cruise ship

This doesn't really relate to Regent, but since we can't cruise or even realistically plan cruises, perhaps this will help pass the time.

Singapore is experiencing a secondary COVID-19 outbreak, mostly from the dormitories where a large number of temporary workers are housed.  These workers are largely from South Asia. So Singapore is casting about for places to house these folks without cramming them together in dormitories or similar conditions.

Their harbour has a fair number of cruise ships just sitting there. So the government is trying to house some of these folks there.  Each person will get their own cabin including the en-suite bathroom.

I'm guessing some workers are thinking "Yipee!".

• Like 1

David, that is a good idea to give all sufficient space and distancing. It is good for those who thereby get decent housing, and is good for others in the area Because it deters origination and spread of disease. 

• Like 1

By the same token I believe there's a move afoot here in Toronto to house some homeless people in hotels so they can be properly physically isolated.  Not sure if it's going to happen or work out, but I think it's another good idea.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 1