Faster to the Fun Question

Tplanav1

So this is our first time on Carnival and we booked faster to the fun. My mother-in-law is traveling with us, but booked very recently after Faster to the Fun was already sold out. She is riding down to the port with us in our car, I was curious if they would give us any issue if she boards with us. I don't want to see her having to sit and wait without us when we get to board. Our room reservation is for 3 as our infant son will be taking his first cruise (main reason Grandma is coming along) so I would hope if shes helping us lug the baby stuff along they would allow her to board. Has anyone else had this type of situation?

I saw on Sharon of the Sea a few days ago Carnival is discontinuing FTTF for now to deal with new boarding precautions. Your FTTF is most likely canceled and you will receive a refund.  

1 hour ago, JaxsMama said:

I saw on Sharon of the Sea a few days ago Carnival is discontinuing FTTF for now to deal with new boarding precautions. Your FTTF is most likely canceled and you will receive a refund.  

Mine disappeared for about a week and returned this morning,  when you print the luggage tags. So who knows?

2 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

To add to this response you can also choose to arrive during her appointment window and all of you can board together.

Good suggestion,  but then there goes one of the major perks for paying for FTTF.  If there are no tendered ports, there isn't much left unless you plan to spend a lot of time at GS.

You should keep looking every day to see if FTTF will become available and then you can purchase it for her cabin.  Also, make sure you have her check-in online as soon as the check-in opens up for your cruise.  The earlier you can check in, the more likely she will be in a very low boarding group.  After FTTF, they call A1, A2, etc.  If she gets in a very low boarding group, you will only have to wait about 10 minutes for her group to be called and all of you can board together.

48 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

You should keep looking every day to see if FTTF will become available and then you can purchase it for her cabin.

I agree. OP, keep checking and check often. Morning, noon, and night. We've gotten a few FTTF this way, after they sold out. I'd say the best luck we've had was checking very early in the morning. When someone with FTTF cancels, it's returned back to the availability pool, but you never know when. Around final payment date is said to be a good time to check because people who cancel will often do it before final payment date to avoid additional penalties.