Are Princess Cruises Australia Customers Disadvantaged?

I was on the 21 night Sapphire Princess cruise which left Singapore on 2 February but was cut short on 13 February.   We all received a letter saying we would be reimbursed for changed flight costs home.    It is now over 2 1/2 months (late February) since I have submitted my claim and I am yet to hear anything about the progress of this.  I have called Princess twice and just get the run around as to what is happening.   I realise they have a lot on their plate but this was the first cruise cancelled out of Singapore and relatively early in the run of cancellations that have since followed.   It is also disappointing when you find out through the roll call that others in the US and UK have had their claims approved and paid last month.   One couple didn't even put their claim in until mid-March.   They say they are doing them in the order received but I highly doubt this.   I know they are trying to hold onto as much cash as possible but how long do you wait when others have been paid out?    

Simple answer is you don't wait. Princess have stated that their refund time would be up to 60 days, if it has past that then you ask for it to be escalated and continue to do so until it is resolved to your satisfaction.

1 hour ago, Womble99 said:

Simple answer is you don't wait. Princess have stated that their refund time would be up to 60 days, if it has past that then you ask for it to be escalated and continue to do so until it is resolved to your satisfaction.

Impossible to get through to anyone who knows by all accounts, they just have a standard jargon.

Cheers Carole

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 1:37 PM, Womble99 said:

Is it possible to ask your credit card provider for a chargeback against the TA ?

12 hours ago, misterb25 said:

Is it possible to ask your credit card provider for a chargeback against the TA ?

My claim is direct with Princess for new flights I had to book home when they cancelled my cruise half-way through.    They promised reimbursement in a letter I received on board the last day.   As the flights home were taken we cannot contact the credit card company for refund as the service was provided.