Edge S2s pole on balcony? Deck 10 midship? How to figure out?

lawgirl

I cannot find reviews for S2s midship, deck 10, ...I can’t find reviews or search results for any cabin in that grouping..., but I am looking at 10201, 10203, 10205 (port) or 10210, 10212, 10214 (starboard).  I know for every block of 4 cabins, there are two cabins with no balcony pole, and two with. So I THINK 10201, 10203 have poles, 10205 does not.  And 10210, 10212 have poles, 10214 not. But I can’t quite figure out if I am right? Does anyone know?

if anyone cruised in one of these, comments?  Thank you!

Maybe check the E-class cabin sticky at the beginning of page 1?

Not 100% sure but I think the poles are in the inside two cabins of every block of 4. That would mean 10203 and 10205 have the pole.

mac_tlc

48 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Here is the answer:

Thank you!!! So odd... I did searches for sky suite edge pole.... this thread did not come up, so maybe I should have put S1 and S2!  You are the best! 

3 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

I have to ask. I see you are a law girl. Is pole dancing a part-time job? 😎

Sadly, no....my days of being a pole dancer have passed me by. But it doesn’t mean I can’t  pole dance on vacation! Ha!
Actually I don’t think I have ever been in a suite where the bed faced the balcony, so I was looking for an unobstructed view... but now that you mention uses for the pole, I may rethink things! 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lawgirl said:

Your welcome! I had a similar question about 6 months ago or so and remembered the post. 

Whenever I want to know something about Edge, I search for posts from “vtcruising”, 
she was the keeper of all things Edge. Tragically she passed away in December, but she was definitely “Ms. Edge” . 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lawgirl said:

I cannot find reviews for S2s midship, deck 10, ...I can’t find reviews or search results for any cabin in that grouping..., but I am looking at 10201, 10203, 10205 (port) or 10210, 10212, 10214 (starboard).  I know for every block of 4 cabins, there are two cabins with no balcony pole, and two with. So I THINK 10201, 10203 have poles, 10205 does not.  And 10210, 10212 have poles, 10214 not. But I can’t quite figure out if I am right? Does anyone know?

if anyone cruised in one of these, comments?  Thank you!

Well, at least 11205 and10214 were without the poles on deck 10.  Yes, VT(Marilyn)was such a special person, one we all miss dearly; however, her posts will live on, and continue to shine a bright light on Edge...

Edited by Lastdance

18 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Well, at least 11205 and10214 were without the poles on deck 10.  Yes, VT(Marilyn)was such a special person, one we all miss dearly; however, her posts will live on, and continue to shine a bright light on Edge...

It sounds like Marilyn was very special.... it’s always sad when friends leave us.

Lastdance, 10214 is what we booked... good choice? Any noise issues?

thank you all.

Hi Lawgirl!  I have 10214 on my list as not having a poll; that list came from VT.  You can go to the top of Celebrity Cruises site and click on the thread with reviews for Edge class.  You will also find S class along with other "stickies" at the top before/above the questions by people...the third one down.  I did not see a review for this particular cabin, but since I have been on Edge before...you will have a view of the Magic Carpet to the left, depending on where it is located.  Your aft view will be fine.  Since you are down from the elevators, the noise level will be less, but even by the elevators it is not very noisy.  

As you know, your bed will face the balcony/ocean, and you should have a shower door/closure all around the tub. These were installed due to the water getting on the floor, so that is great news. I was in a corner aft S1on deck 11, so the bed configuration and bathroom shower/layout was just a little different, but I had a huge balcony.  I had to cancel my cruise in May with an S1 on deck 11, but it was the exact configuration.  I am sure that you will enjoy suite class, along with its amenities.  Decks 10 and 11 are my favorite.  yes, Marilyn was a very special and talented person with a gift for knowledge and sharing!

Edited by Lastdance